• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Little Sneak peek of the Cat my Friend is building

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
SWWEEEEEET! That tunnel looks like deep powder's worst nightmare!! Kinda have to wonder how strong the back half of the tunnel is though. Reguardless, that is one SICK sled!

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
The tunnel is plenty strong trust me. The Steering post setup is just something he came up with, it may look like a bit much but it's actually a very good setup and it doesn't weigh that much...way stronger. It's a 900 with some mild porting, single pipe and not much else. He's finishing up building a set of Bars and built a front dump exhaust for it. He's really looking for a Firecat hood to finish it off but they are hard to come by. He's painting his stock one now...should have more pics soon.

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
Closer pic of the steeting loop setup
7.jpg

Seat and close up of rails
HPM017.jpg

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
So did this sled come to fruition during the winter? I'd like to see a pic from the clutch side looking at the steering post.

Also, didn't look like it had a D&R. If not, I wonder why?

Z
Mar 31, 2008
This sled was for sale awhile back.......It was on ebay. Some dealership in Montana had it(i think reXberg?) Any up dates on the sled?

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
Wow...old Thread comes to life.

Long story...finished the sled up and headed to Cooke City, had some minor motor issues and didn't get to ride it that day. Next weekend went to Horns and still had some issues. Ended up being the main Computer was bad we think but after 3 previous seasons of always messing around with this sled he was pretty tired of it. About 3 weeks later after a couple more trips and the day before our trip to Island Park,ID.....he traded it for a M10. He was dissapointed to never really get to see what the sled could do and all the hard work he put into it. Everyone that rides with him was happy though cause now we could ride instead of wrench, it was just one of those sleds that had issues since the day it was new. He was bummed but relieved in a way to just be able to ride now. It was on Ebay but I believe it ended up selling in a local auction the dealer had last spring. I have no idea where it's at now. Here are some pics of it with the black hood and then with the blue one. Also added a pic of his M10 after he painted the hood.

IMG_9249.jpg

10.jpg

IMG_9262.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

IMG_9259.jpg

HPM006-3.jpg

CID__image.jpg

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Great piece, too bad he didn't get to enjoy. I started enjoying my mod after constantly changing things on my 3 year old project. Hope someone is having fun with it now.

Premium Features