• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limiter Strap Issue

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Has anyone ever had their limiter Strap getting cut into from the top side? Almost looks like my center track clips are catching the strap.. Thoughts on what to do?
It’s a 154 w/ IceAge Elevate

beerios5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2013
east kootney
Have you checked to see if one of the metal track deflectors on top of the front skid arm isn’t bent down or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
since nobody else is complaining of this Id guess your track is too loose

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI

It’s about 1/2” tighter than what Cat recommends.. Have been watching that closely. I moved the bolt up to take slack away/keep the strap closer to the suspension arm. The actual length of the strap didn’t get shorter, hopefully it helps.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Its the bolt in the strap.
U have to move the bolt as close to the bar as possible. Strap needs to be clamped tight to the bar.
With the bolt so low, it allows the strap to move up in to the track.

The bolt is in the factory position, i had it in the lower hole when i lengthened the strap and it would contact the track.

Sent it
View attachment 369445

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
It’s about 1/2” tighter than what Cat recommends.. Have been watching that closely. I moved the bolt up to take slack away/keep the strap closer to the suspension arm. The actual length of the strap didn’t get shorter, hopefully it helps.
Yes, that is what's wrong.
Need to keep the strap tight to the bar.

Sent it

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Thanks for confirming my thoughts, I moved it up earlier today.

Agreed. I took mine off for a ride and tried to use zip
ties until I got a cap head low profile bolt (dumbass idea lol) because of the bolt contacting the top of the rail and it wore out a chunk of my limiter strap after the zip ties broke as well. I rode with the torn strap for the rest of last season and then upgraded to the Elevate kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features