• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limiter strap for rear springs.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Has anyone found an easy way to put a limiter strap on the xp rear suspension? I have a piece of an old tie down on mine now but it is pretty thin and looks like it might break. A limiter stap like the one in the front of the skid seems too wide to feed through the slots in the suspension.

For those who wonder why? I want to limit the angle of the track in relation to the running boards. These xp's will trench due to the rear travel being really long and too much weight being on the rear of the rails compared to the front of the rails. The stock xp can hardly back down a hill without digging in let alone back up on the flat. (Polaris is making us look bad in this department) This mod allows the rear springs to be set hard without the suspension dropping out too far in deep powder and making a sharp track angle. I only have 1 ride on it with my temporary limiter strap, but I believe it is very effective. The ride height ends up being near stock.

Premium Features