• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lightning weight??

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
my brother had to have his clutch shimmed when he bought the Tri city polaris clutch kit (per TCP).. He seems to think that they told him that he cant run regular weights now because of what they had him do to his clutch.. I think he should be able to switch to a regular polaris weight and back to a lightning weight without any problems.. What do you folks think? If it matters its an 02 rmk 800 with a 159..

I want to be able to throw a couple gram lighter weight at it when we ride up around 10K every once in a while to keep his R's up! But we only ride that high every now and again so he doesnt want to buy another couple sets of lightnings. We also get to ride down around 4K a couple times a year so throwing a couple gram heavier weights might be in order.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
I never had an issue switching between the TCP Lightning weights and Polaris 10 series weights. But, thats in an 05 Edge chassis and I was never told to shim my clutch or anything. Was a few years back to, they might have changed the weights since then.

Premium Features