• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lesnar vs Overeem

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I think if Brock can keep it on the the ground it's a done deal.
If it becomes a slugfest......then I guess we'll see how much boxing training Brock has done.

I'm pulling for Lesnar.
I love to see the haters responses when he wins!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Ok, I'll go out on a limb & be specific.

Lesnar wins, fight stopped by ref in round 2

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Was there ever any doubt?
Sure was fun was fun watching him get pounded for two minutes though!
Totally different levels!

There wasn't much doubt on my part. I knew that once Alistair easily stuffed Brock's half-assed single leg takedown attempt and he had to resort to standing and trading with Reem that he was gonna be in major trouble.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I'll say this for Brock's UFC career, he never had an easy fight and the UFC never hand picked a bunch of bums for him to pad his record with. He faced the most diverse opponents the UFC had to offer. A legit ju jitsu blackbelt (Mir), 2 top flight kickboxers (Overeem and Herring), an olympic level greco wrestler (Couture), a wrestler/boxer with anvils for fists (Carwin), and one of the most well rounded MMA fighers in the world (Velasquez).

The fact that he went 4-3 against this level of competition using only wrestling and god given athletic ability is pretty impressive.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
I love cheering for Brock, but its fixed! That was just a terrible performance! Hes way better than that. Before you say BS, I am willing to bet that he ends up back in WWE. Brock will wrestle undertaker at Wrestlemania for his last match. Its a way easier training for wwe than ufc. Plus he'll get like 15 mill for a 40 minute match. I hate it but i guess money talks.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I love cheering for Brock, but its fixed! That was just a terrible performance! Hes way better than that. Before you say BS, I am willing to bet that he ends up back in WWE. Brock will wrestle undertaker at Wrestlemania for his last match. Its a way easier training for wwe than ufc. Plus he'll get like 15 mill for a 40 minute match. I hate it but i guess money talks.

I hope he does do some WWE, he is just entertaining as heck to watch!

When he won the NCAA Hwt Championship he was a speaker at a banquet at our church.
That was the 1st time in public he announced his WWF plans.
I think many were disappointed as we thought he would go NFL.
At that time there were teams interested in him.
Anyway, my point is he made a very wise choice financially. He knows what's best for him alot better than any of us do.
The exposure he received in WWE has certainly aided him in UFC.
I wish him the best in whatever he chooses, even if it's just farming.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
I hope he does do some WWE, he is just entertaining as heck to watch!

When he won the NCAA Hwt Championship he was a speaker at a banquet at our church.
That was the 1st time in public he announced his WWF plans.
I think many were disappointed as we thought he would go NFL.
At that time there were teams interested in him.
Anyway, my point is he made a very wise choice financially. He knows what's best for him alot better than any of us do.
The exposure he received in WWE has certainly aided him in UFC.
I wish him the best in whatever he chooses, even if it's just farming.

I totally agree with you! Brock is a great guy. Worked out with him at The Gym in Plymouth, MN. He was fun to talk too. We talked bow hunting a lot. He will do well at whatever he decides. I have not watched WWE since he left and he got into watching UFC. I hope he does the wwe again, hes a character for sure!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I just wish Carwin would heal and become what he used to be.

We also have a local up and comer here who fights and wrestles pretty dang well. Cody Mumma, he's put himself onto the fast track to get into the UFC.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I just wish Carwin would heal and become what he used to be.
It's a real possibility that he'll never get back to where he used to be. He and Brock are pretty much a mirror image of each other. Got into MMA in their early 30's with a good amateur wrestling background, caught lightning in a bottle, had their 15 minutes of fame and now fade back into history. The game is evolving quickly with younger guys that do everything well besides just wrestle and throw haymakers.

Imagine if they had started cross training wrestling, kickboxing, ju jitsu, judo, or greco in their early 20's....

Last edited:
Premium Features