• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kapka - Dec 1, 2018

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Beautiful day today. We rode out of Kapka around 8:15. Trail 5 was nice and fluffy with some minor bumps. We took the road from Dutchman to Todd Lake and hooked a right. Todd is getting pretty beat up already. Luckily snow totals are getting up there so a groomer is close.

We found some amazing snow below Ball Butte and played in there for a while. It was freezing up our goggles pretty bad and you really had to react to dips, drifts, etc. (couldn't see ****) We found a quick sunny(ish) pocket and ripped around there some more before heading down to little moon. 2-3' in spots and a blast. We were the only ones there for a while before running into another guy.

We went south from little moon and found some amazing snow down there as well. I had a couple turns with snow pouring over my hood. Still some ski taps here and there so be careful.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Looks like you guys had a great day on Saturday.

We plan to be at Kapka mid morning today for an easy ride out to Elk Lake for lunch. Sticking to the trails as I don't need to find any of the obstacles still lurking under the early season snow...

Have fun out there and pray for snow!:smow:

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
How far out of Bend is this spot? I've never ridden the East side of Mt. Hood. I have a friend that lives in Bend, I could stay at his place :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features