• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kakwa,Hinton,Grande Cache.

B
Jan 26, 2008
Hey just wonering if anyone knows if theres good alpine riding in these areas and how the snow is if there is. I see pictures here and there of Kakwa. I've worked in some of these areas and allways wondered. Allways looking for new closer places to ride. Please post here and let me know what you know. Thanks.:beer;

P
Nov 26, 2007
Riding areas

If you are by Hinton, drive to Valemont or McBride- be about 2.5-3 hr drive. You are too close to the park borders for Jasper and the Willmore Park as with Grande Cache. North from Grande Cache you can cut over to the Kakwa area. Best way is to go south of Grande Prairie.

I have not been to Kakwa for a couple of years now:( (too busy with work plus now with the population explosion @ GP its not the same anymore)but I have been riding in Kakwa since 1990. Awesome area especially if you enjoy winter camping. For riding in Kakwa you should have a hitch on your sled and pull a skimmer in with some extra fuel for you and your buds if you plan a day trip. If not, you can try to stay at the cabins at Kakwa Lake (haul in all neccessities)-but be prepared for no cabins available-1st come basis.

Check out Swan City sled Club (GP) website for more info and pics of Kakwa.

Here is the Link: Swan City Snowmobile Club

Hope this helps.

Premium Features