• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

K-Mod versus EZ Ryde?

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Please share some input on either if you have them or ridden one. Thinking about either for my turbo PRO. Looking for Pros/Cons of each skid.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Pros of the KMOD

they have the Raptor 2o position Clicker fully adjustable Shocks, which allow you to customize them to your sled, and YOU. After I bought I got My Kod, I called Kevin, and he told me exactly where to set them for my Turbo, Size, and Weight. Also Kmod has a 4 position Clicker for Coupling that takes 3 seconds to adjust, which gives you the best all around ride performance. I set mine at 1 for a cush ride down the trail, then a 2 for normal riding , then a 3 or a 4 for Slaying Steep Chutes. the steeper the Chute, the higher the number

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I rode a '12 Cat BB with KMOD/Raptors. It rode phenomenal (for a cat)! I played with the clickers and you can tell the difference with very little change. I left people in the dust on rough trails. They were standing and i was sitting, it was that much better.

I will be putting a KMOD/Raptor setup on my NA pro-rmk this fall.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
First time I rode a Kmod/Raptor setup I was blown away at how good it is.
EZ Ryde is great, but just isn't near as good.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
WELL LETS SEE yammy RACE TEAM tested both at the targee hill climbs KMOD won hands down the other guy broke several skids that would strand a sled . And
I wouldn't trade mine for any other skid except a new KMOD.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I have Kmod with Raptors. At the end of the day when you have to ride down a whooped out trail, your friends will all be complaining about how rough and terrible the trail is.
You will be ahead of them and wondering what they are talking about because the trail wasn't rough for you because of your Kmod.
That is my experience.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
Hands down the kmod!! (especially over the timbersled).

I really like the ride of the k mod from the trail to the trees or climbing a chute. It take 5 seconds to adjust the coupling of the k mod. Setup is pretty easy to with the kmod. Kevin has some pretty close setup positions for springs and clicker positions for most people. I haven't heard very many people not happy with the setup or of they are they just adjust the clicker either way.

The durability and finish of the k mod is really nice and very easy to install in your sled. Only have to drill two holes in the rear drop bracket,(template supplied) and it goes in nice and easy.

I wish I knew more about the ez-ryde it seems like the rmsha racers really like the skid, but on the mountain I have never seen one.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
I have the K-Mod on my turbo with a 163 3" and it works very very nice. It treats ya very good all day an holds the front end down well. Kevin gives a set up with each skid, for your paticular sled, track-weight-turbo or not. Mine was right on.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I haven't been on a K-Mod yet, but have been on the EZ Ryde and the latest Timbersled.

The EZ Ryde is an awesome skid, I have skids equipped with the standard Fox Zero Pro's which are very good out of the box and Exit equipped skids which just have to be ridden to grasp the level of performance they give.

I like the EZ ryde as it gets up on the snow quick and does not trench. It holds the nose down but still retains the playful nature of the sled. Big holes on the hill get eaten up by the skid, you just don't even notice them, on the trails the thing eats rollers, g outs, etc and spits smoothness out the back end. Its a dream to ride, so much so that after riding one my wife demanded her own..... she wasn't kidding. She told me I could have mine back when she had one, needless to say we own a few of them now...

The Timbersled is a very capable skid with fast adjustments, it just needs good shocks to really perform. We had 2 air shock equipped T-sleds in our group and while they held the nose down, ride quality wasn't there and they weren't on the level of the EZ Ryde. That changed with Timbersled offering the Exit shock package. I have 2 Exit equipped Timbersleds and have been extremely happy with them. The shocks really make the difference here, ride quality cant even be compared to the air shocks, it is that much better. The coupling adjustment is a nice feature, on my 727 I run about 10% coupling for tree riding as it allows the sled to be playful, I crank the coupler up to the 20-30% range when climbing using the nitrous, it keeps the nose down and the sled going forward.

Due to my past history with the Fox air shocks on the TImbersleds, I will not try them again. I know advancements have been made, but the Exit coil overs work to well to chance it.

Somescreenname

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I think it says a lot when 95% of rmsha racers who either make their living hill climbing or have an extreme amount of time and money invested in the sport trust ez ryde under their mod sleds. Look at the top 5 from every mod class at Jackson hole and nearly everyone of those sleds has an ez ryde under it.
I have ridden numerous after market skids with none of them even coming close (granted maybe the people didn't have them set up good?) to an ez ryde on a high powered big bore or turbo sled.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I had an EZ Ryde on my GenII (one of the FEW GenII EZ Rydes) and it was awesome with the Fox Zero Pros.
Soaked up the chatter and bomb holes on the trails.
Took the hits when climbing and hitting ruts or holes.

Keeps the sled from tail-walking.

I never disliked my EZ Ryde. Wish I still had it.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
That looks like a nice skid would like to try it out.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I can see where the pivot EZ-Ryde could be an awesome hill climb skid. Looks like it's been well proven this year. I'd want to ride one abit in the deep, on sidehills, to understand it better. Could be a different ride setting the track on edge on a sidehill in deep snow, especially if the pivot is more than a T-mo, which I find less predictable than a pro in those conditions - deep sidehills. Easier than a pro isn't necessary there.

Premium Features