• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just got wind of this

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
BILTIT...

Have you ever tried a product called No Fog...it's a silly looking contraption that you wear around your nose/neck which directs your breath downward out of the helmet (thus not into the goggle area).

I get them from like Dennis Kirk and I believe they are the sole reason I do not have fogging issues. All my buddies do...but with my No Fog device on I can wear the same set of goggles all day long:) Yes I look like a chicken gobbler or something...but I sure can see when other guys' are fogging like crazy!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I tried probably 3 different 509 goggles back in the 2011 season and I had awful luck with any of them. They would always fog up then end up getting iced over I even bought that fan you could put on your goggles that supposedly helped with fogging. Nope didn't help. I've been rocking spy goggles now since and love them I've also tried some Oakley goggles and was impressed with those as well. I think the 509 goggles look awesome but after going through 3 I won't try them again. I think this years 509 film was a little boring as well but I'll still buy next years 509 movie because it always gets you excited for winter. If 509 improves their goggles or maybe they are improved maybe I would try another pair.....maybe. To each their own.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
BILTIT...

Have you ever tried a product called No Fog...it's a silly looking contraption that you wear around your nose/neck which directs your breath downward out of the helmet (thus not into the goggle area).

I get them from like Dennis Kirk and I believe they are the sole reason I do not have fogging issues. All my buddies do...but with my No Fog device on I can wear the same set of goggles all day long:) Yes I look like a chicken gobbler or something...but I sure can see when other guys' are fogging like crazy!

I have not tried that, i do use this though:

http://www.klim.com/Arctic-Balaclava-5037-000.html

Its a little warm some days in the mountains (i usually just take it off). Works great for the -15C and colder rides here in the prairies though.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Another option to look at is Smith. Quality optic company, lifetime warranty on material defects and workmanship, and made in the USA.

I'll be trying out the I/O X model this season.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
love my dragons and i'm a goggle snob. i've had them all and come from 3 decades of motocross....all mx guys are goggle snobs. ;)

i agree the 509's feel second rate to the big players (oakley, scott, smith). Dragons are in that group also IMO. quality stuff.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
LOL to all the Doos plastered with 509 stickers trying to dangle.

The Dragons are as close to fog free as any goggle that I have tried. Light years better than Scott or any others that I have used. I also tried the Klim goggles after much hype when they came out. They sucked so much that I took them back. It was disappointing given how well everything else that Klim makes works.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I've had pretty good luck with 509s, I'm only on my second pair in like 5-6 years and first pair still work fine. Only time I really get fog is if I leave them on when digging out a sled or somethin strenuous like that.

I haven't used some of the other big name brands but id have to say some of the best no fog goggles I've used were the old Scott turbo flows back in the day, dont remember ever having much problems with them

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I have not tried that, i do use this though:

http://www.klim.com/Arctic-Balaclava-5037-000.html

Its a little warm some days in the mountains (i usually just take it off). Works great for the -15C and colder rides here in the prairies though.

Seriously, give this a try...

https://www.denniskirk.com/no-fog/black-binary-breath-deflector-007b.p3573217.prd/3573217.sku

I don't wear the silly red thing over the top, but if I wear it goggles don't fog whatsoever! Second I take it off in the trees I fog up!

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I'm happy for 509 since it is a local company (60 miles from where I live) but I had terrible fogging and tossed my 509 goggles. Had good luck with Smith, Dragon, and now Scott. Actually love my Scott's.

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
Everybody should look at the Dragon goggles. They are, without a doubt, the best snowmobile goggle I have ever had. I have two pair. I took all of my other goggles to the second hand sporting goods store.

X1000 I have 4 pairs of dragons. There frameless aviator style, different tint/shade lense ect. I carry 1 pair In my cooker, which I rarely ever need!! (Only if my helmet falls off the bars or something or pow days. Otherwise one pair all day!! No fogging. Price can't be beat. And come with a nice cloth bag and hard case. I'll never use anything else!! Fit with my fly helmet is great
fa784ef3ef8c6b5a09f7692d151065a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Everybody should look at the Dragon goggles. They are, without a doubt, the best snowmobile goggle I have ever had. I have two pair. I took all of my other goggles to the second hand sporting goods store.

Little known secret, I have three pairs and they work great for me!!!

MountainFanatic

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2012
Wa
I've had a pair of 509s that I got when they first came out and that's the only pair off goggles that really have worked for me. Though they still fog and ice up from time to time. Since then though, none of the 509s have worked for me. They have all fogged in about 2min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I've used were the old Scott turbo flows back in the day, dont remember ever having much problems with them

I still run them and have about 5 pair laying around- they came with the lower nose / breath deflector and still are the ones I ride with today-
Have tried most 509's- Haber Vision and the NEW Klim $200.00 bones for their fogging goggles/ all gone- dug the old turbo flow's out and not looking for nothing else-

I will say that the fan you could buy from Haber vision that mounts in the upper inside of your goggles worked well in keeping the fog off if you can just stand the noise of the on/off of the fan in the auto position.

View attachment 263576

S/C

Last edited:

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I still run them and have about 5 pair laying around- they came with the lower nose / breath deflector and still are the ones I ride with today-
Have tried most 509's- Haber Vision and the NEW Klim $200.00 bones for their fogging goggles/ all gone- dug the old turbo flow's out and not looking for nothing else-

I will say that the fan you could buy from Haber vision that mounts in the upper inside of your goggles worked well in keeping the fog off if you can just stand the noise of the on/off of the fan in the auto position.

S/C

Same here I'm a goggle freak I have Oakley,Klim,509,Stage,Spy,Scott,Smith and Daredevil and find myself always going back to my over 7 year old Scotts with transition lens (clear to blue) I wish they still made this lens.

Last edited:

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Same here I'm a goggle freak I have Oakley,Klim,509,Stage,Spy,Scott,Smith and Daredevil and find myself always going back to my over 7 year old Smiths with transition lens (clear to blue) I wish they still made this lens.

My fav pair of googles is my color changing scotts, I am not sure why they stopped making that lens. Mine has to be close to 10yrs old and still works great, they are getting scratched up though.

Last edited:
Premium Features