• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just checking in after several years

JVthundercat

Lifetime Membership
As it says, I noticed that I have been on here over ten years now. I am one of the one's that is still pissed and being a baby because on the second change over I lost all of my thousands of posts points.
Generally pissed right now because I am down in Florida with three sleds sitting in Kansas that I have not seen in 3 years.
Pissed because I really miss the snow, but not much work for me in the cold except out east, and well, no thanks to that one anymore.

Hope all is well and Animal is at piece.

JV

Last edited:
M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
[QUOTE

Hope all is well and Animal is at piece.

JV[/QUOTE]

Still miss his posts on here... Not sure how many people on here now remember him. I have been getting on here for 13 yrs now... D*mn I am getting old!!! :face-icon-small-ton

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Yeah pretty sure it's been since '98 or '99 for myself and a few other buddies. Remember when you 'logged in' to post and could do so under any name you wanted? What a clusterf*ck that was, trying to find threads you had posted on...

RIP Dave, we all loved the "Animal"

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
I agree with you on the changes with this forum. I think it really went down hill, and they lost a lot of knowledgeable people on here. Stupidest thing I've ever seen by saying you can only read 75 posts, unless you pay us.

You'd think with all the ads, thers making plenty of money now. It used to just be a place to come talk snowmobiles, and find an answer to your problem. Now you can only read so many posts, and you have to forget about it. I can see paying to get into private chat rooms, or other features, but don't take away the conversations for basic members. There's just too many other forums about snowmobiles, where you can find the answer now, and there free.

I really don't care about my post count, as I lost half of them too when it changed over. I care more about all the stupid ads poping up, and not being able to see half of the converstaions.

I still get on here once in a while because I'm bored, but it's not like it used to be. I used to spend 2 or 3 hours a day on here talking. I cancelled my subscription to Snowest, because I was pissed about them wanting to charge me to read a public forum. I understand it's privatly owned, but I know they don't cost that much to run. Just seems like it's more of a lets see how much money we can make out of this, than lets help the snowmobiling comunity.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I have a few floats at my disposal during the Summer months as well.

These two are the main scoots. The others are ones we maintain and have the keys to ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

29525_403113047388_1825880_n.jpg 40618_425590592388_6107283_n.jpg 308719_10150304291167389_8306805_n.jpg goldenboy.jpg IMG_2335_stitch.jpg P1090052.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While not quite as sweet as your 30 Baja.
These are some of my babies...

This was my personal boat.
picture.php

picture.php

These are a few more that I built for my customers.
picture.php

picture.php

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Holy crap REEB, how many do you need? Looks like a used boat lot for sure. lol
I thought I was bad with my three......

Helps when the family owns a Boat business.

The Campion has a Procharger Merc Racing 502. Does about 105mph wound out.

GoldenBoy(The 44ft Green jet) has a Volvo Turbo Penta Diesel w/ a 10" Hamilton Jet. All aluminum riverboat with wooden accents.

Then the Dot Calm Marina(private residence) is where we park the toys(not all are docked there at the moment)

Funny thing is the race boat, I've had a re-occurring dream for years that my demise will be in a hydro. And now I have one....it's got me scared honestly.

The Rick Bitz pickle is fun, be better with a transom lift. We are actually thinking of turboing a v-6 Merc and trying it on that boat. Even after we gutted it and made it significantly lighter than it was, she still only does 85mph. Which is a huge step from the 75mph previously(if you know boats, you know how hard it is to gain MPH)

Christopher....nice boats! Beautiful actually.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Yeah, I definitely had a good childhood. Now that I'm closer to 30, I take every advantage of the situation I can get. It was not lost on me, that I can tell you. Hahaha

Premium Features