• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws Gen5 Turbo Pipe

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
One of my riding buddies did the hole jaws setup with tunner, and a second one did a ibexx package. tune, clutching, charge tube exc. This sled will be at max hp they offer. Should be an interesting year.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I might have to do a tune too, mines a dog compared to everybody else's. Always has been.
Took it in to have them check the reeds cause ya know, warranty.
They changed the spark plugs for me instead.
Good job guys

D
Dec 22, 2018
I might have to do a tune too, mines a dog compared to everybody else's. Always has been.
Good job guys

Might be injectors or the ecu or both. No poin to tune it before it works as it should as stock.

Last edited:
D
Dec 22, 2018
Good job guys

I see you run an aftermarket silencer, get rid of it and ride stock. Probably works a lot better all around the season.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Whats gey is a poor performing sled more than likely caused by the “too many changes at once” rule of thumb.
Aftermarket mufflers, 98% of them are garage, and ruin a good sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
For what it's worth, mine backfired once and was lacking in comparison to my buddies near identical machine day one, no mods.
He had a different secondary spring. So I tried that, nope. So I tried lightening it, nope. Put a can on, no change.
Nothing was done all at once
Then started on the handling so it wouldn't feel like a Buick.

Maby yours in nice
Mines junk

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
On an EFI sled a pipe can only affect air flow through the motor. It's hard to believe Doo had 20hp worth of excess fuel in their emissions friendly tune. Shoot, maybe there's 40! I trust the numbers out of DTR though.

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
The jaws pipe will flow way more air than a stock pipe . The turbo is getting the air into the engine faster now you got to get it out fast in my thoughts. Brp did an amazing job on the stock pipe but it is carried over from na 850 with some changes to the turbo end . They also have to meet emissions so the possibility of leaving hp on the table to meet emissions and sound levels is very likely .

Premium Features