• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Irondog 2010

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Tyson Johnson & Tyler Alkelstad TEAM 8

Tyson Johnson & Tyler Alkelstad
TEAM 8

Good luck to them! :pop2:

team8.jpg

Last edited:
C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
staged race sucks, and tyson and tyler started way before nick and todd and they are now in front of them by 2 minutes..... just showes that team 16 is faster and more skilled i watched all the teams from the helocopter yesterday and they were hauling but on the river.

GO TEAM 16

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Site still down, ADN is it for now. Looks like 3 teams scratched. Lack of snow must be killing the sleds and riders.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Iron dog site is still trickling along slowly. I emailed the webmaster with some suggestions and got a nasty-gram response. :face-icon-small-dis Oh well. THe blog section has been entertaining nonetheless.

My buddies Tyson and Tyler are in Poorman, after losing a cylinder on Tylers sled yesterday, tyson's sled went into limp mode 50 miles out of Poorman, so they towed it in. Unfortunately, can't stop the clock in Poorman, so they are waiting to run diagnostics on it in the AM when their pilot can see where he is landing. The lack of snow definitely played a major role in the failure of their ski-don'ts. They have both hinted at a likely scratch tomorrow in the AM, as it isnt likely they will be able to pull a comeback.

Team 16 is looking very strong and are on the path to a repeat if their poo's can handle the coastal section. Once they realize the better part of their direct competition isn't much of worry at this point, i'm thinking they will slow it down a notch or two and with a little trail luck, putt past the finish line.

CATKILLER my friend - Can't just stop with saying they were ripping hard and caught up and passed the leaders...? gotta throw in the glass-half-empty comments, very big of you.

Cheers to all the competitors, and good luck to everyone still on the trail!

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
They have both hinted at a likely scratch tomorrow in the AM, as it isnt likely they will be able to pull a comeback.

Guess not, they made it into Galena... towed a good portion of the way from Ruby... damn...

Tyson's sled will rip for 3-5 miles, then go into limp mode... shut if off for five minutes... then rip again for another 3-5 miles.

They have a new computer to plug in after their layover... crappy situation.

A
Dec 24, 2007
soldotna alaska
I was on the river and flew over most of the teams... didnt look like they were "ripping"... 90% of the sections that they would normally run at 100 they were doing 40-45. The flat light sucked and every sled we saw was riding like crapola. We landed in the swamp past Sqwentna and when they came through there in 6"-8" little bumps they were bucking and slapping BAD. We watched the first 8 teams come through and none of them were going over 45 when they should have been on the bar. The flat light was not helping, but the sleds bucking like a mofo was the big issue!

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
I was on the river and flew over most of the teams... didnt look like they were "ripping"... 90% of the sections that they would normally run at 100 they were doing 40-45. The flat light sucked and every sled we saw was riding like crapola. We landed in the swamp past Sqwentna and when they came through there in 6"-8" little bumps they were bucking and slapping BAD. We watched the first 8 teams come through and none of them were going over 45 when they should have been on the bar. The flat light was not helping, but the sleds bucking like a mofo was the big issue!

Why is ripping in " " ? Not exactly sure what or who this post is referencing...

A

AK_ride

Dec 21, 2009
Ski Doo is not making a good show this year.

Iron Dog Standings:

1, 2, 6, 7, 8th place are currently going to Polaris
3, 4, 5, 9th place go to Arctic Cat
11, 12th place go to Ski Doo :face-icon-small-sad

Did nobody remind Yamaha that the race was this week?:face-icon-small-hap

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
It was stated that they were ripping... I put it in quotes to show I was referencing that word. At any rate, TNT held true to their tittle again this year...

Oh, the word ripping was used to describe how the motor was running. Not actual speeds.

Good point tho, TNT held true, gave it their best, but since they suck at riding, never practice, have no talent, and otherwise should never ride sleds again - will not be crossing the finish line in first.

Iron Dog Standings:

Not sure if you can count above 12, but; :) :) :) :beer;

13 Polaris
14 Skidoo
15 Polaris

Haven't scratches as of 1:50 pm today.

Huge embarrassment for skidoo this year. If they can't get their sleds dialed... Guess they should take an arctic cat approach and field as many teams as possible.

Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Iron Dog Standings:

Lots of Ski Doo's in the scratch column also. There was one Yamaha team running at the rear earlier in the day...do you think they took the slang term for a normally aspirated Yamaha (Anchor) literally and are running the anchor leg?

Hopefully everyone makes it back in one piece, the trail sounds horrible this year!

Premium Features