• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Factory Turbo Clutching/Other mods

Devious Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2016
I tried to do a search and have not found the information that I am looking for. I have a 2020.5 Factory Turbo with a Silber muffler and want to do a clutch kit this year along with a few other upgrades. I am local to Cycles and Sleds, who have their own clutch kit that is made for the mountains of Northern Utah. I want to ride Colorado (Rabbit Ears and Corona) this year and do not want to have to reclutch for elevation changes. I know that Silber, Bikeman, iBackshift, and Cycles and Sleds makes good clutch kits, but which one would be the best for all around mountain riding as I tend to do it all, minus jumping?

Other upgrades.
I would like a bit more out of the sled, but I am unsure on whether to put a set of tunes on it or just go with the Bikeman pipe. I already have the Silber muffler, as stated above. Would a set of silicone tubes be beneficial and should it come with or without the BOV? I am not looking to have to run AVGas or race fuel, but I do run 91 E/free fuel.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I would call Joe at iBackshift and tell him exactly what you are looking for, and I’m sure he will put a combination together to suit your needs.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Joe at iBackshift has a quality setup. I've used his in lower elevation (3-7k) and it's got great snap to it. I'd stay away from any pipes as I've heard negative reviews from people in my area. My advice would be to start with a clutch kit and see how it feels. If you're looking for more after that then a stage 1 or 2 tune would be my guess.

Devious Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2016
I have ran the iBackshift kit before, but in my 04 Mod Rev that I built about 4 years ago. I will look into that kit again. I have not heard anything about pipes being bad, mainly because most the people I ride with are on Axys's or non-turbo sleds.

Premium Features