• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iPhone "Apps"

L
Jan 29, 2009
Rapid City, SD
Fmylife (free)

If I'm having a sh*tty day, I just go to fmylife and read some short stories, they are hilarious, and always make me glad my day wasn't....that bad.

Even if you don't have an iphone, check out fmylife.com I can kill an hour just reading stories.

S

snobunny21

Oct 18, 2008
Freedom,ID
www.lccwy.com
game: brother in arms

downloaded the lite version and couldnt get enough so I bought the full version. graphics are very good for it being a phone. Paper toss is an addicting free app to kill time as well.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Anyone use the app that the administrator posted for viewing this forum, on a iphone/touch? Something called tapatalk.....(sp?)

Suppose to format things so you don't keep resizing and stuff. It is $4.99 or so.

I test almost every free app. Some are better than others, but it is amazing how many apps are being developed.

It does makes me wish my 16gb touch had internet connection everywhere though.:(

Anyone use movieberry.com? Almost any movie you can think of is $1.00 in ipod version. I have downloaded 10 or so an they are perfect for me for on the go watching, instead of playing games.:)

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
The one I use the most is "Kindle". I use it to download books from Amazon so I always have a book with me.

Are you smarter than a 5th grader
iWobble
Colorsplash
Face Melter
Google Earth
eBay
Facebook
Flashlight
Hairstyle (you can change the hairstyle and color in a pic)
Koi Pond
Flixster
Spin Art

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
for the Palm fiends like myself:

I enjoy my Palm Pre. First one was a POS and turned itself off about every 5 minutes. New one is good. Apps are coming, slowly but surely. Right now you have to "root" your phone for most the good ones, but that should go away soon enough. Screen isn't as big as an iPhone, but the search/internet functionality I actually feel is better...as is the speed of the net when on data and not wifi. Roommate and I sit side-by-side and my phone loads any page faster than his when both on data.

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
With the newer generation itouch you can download fring and with the right headphones you can make phone calls from the itouch using wifi. Search YouTube for the iPod touch phone fring video and you'll get step by step directions.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
OK, now here's a million dollar question, has anyone tried to make their own app? If so what program did you use? I have a few ideas on some apps that I ahven't found yet, took a lot of programing in college, so thinking it might be fun to try and build something just to say I did.

What language does it use? I am assuming you have to submit it to Apple to have it approved...

S

Superjag

Jan 30, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
OK, now here's a million dollar question, has anyone tried to make their own app? If so what program did you use? I have a few ideas on some apps that I ahven't found yet, took a lot of programing in college, so thinking it might be fun to try and build something just to say I did.

What language does it use? I am assuming you have to submit it to Apple to have it approved...

Rob, the majority of iphone apps are written in Objective-C. Apple has a program called iPhone Developer SDK, which you can get from Apple's website, but they charge you around $100.
More info here: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/

As far as apps go, if you like flight games try the X-plane app. No shooting or anything, just fairly realistic instrumentation and flight characteristics. Pretty cool.

One of the funniest apps is runpee. Tells you when you can hit the bathroom during a movie and not miss anything important. It also tells you what you are missing while you are in the bathroom. Genius.

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
One of the funniest apps is runpee. Tells you when you can hit the bathroom during a movie and not miss anything important. It also tells you what you are missing while you are in the bathroom. Genius.

"Bladder the size of a peanut? There's an app for that."
apple-logo1.jpg

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Yea; that's one thing I really hate about Apple. Genius marketing, but terrible for promoting open-source software.

Yes, they make you pay even to develop an app. Then they make you pay to submit an app. And if they don't like your app, even after it's been released, they can remove it.

Which is why I have a Palm on my belt.

S

Self-taught

Banned
Feb 22, 2021
Russia
I myself used to criticize shooting applications on the phone, because. considered them tedious and called for the use of full-fledged virtual shooting galleries or going to the shooting gallery. But later I realized how convenient it is to use the shooting application for the iPhone - this is a cool pastime. I am personally talking about i-shooter

Premium Features