• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If your on the fence about a Pro rmk look at this BS

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Question, has anybody actually got denied a warranty for this ethanol reason? Or is this just a huge speculation as to what could happen?? Because so far in this post there hasnt been one person who has actually ahd this happen right? Just a bunch of summer ranting (which i like), but ya...

Worst post in this thread... expecting facts or actual experience???

That's gonna take the fun RIGHT out of this conversation. :D

(it's a policy that's just starting though, so I wouldn't expect anyone to have been denied yet, but the fact that they're testing something we can't control to decide whether to warranty something or not still should concern customers. I have yet to hear anyone say what people are ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO DO to solve the problem that they're testing for though)

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Worst post in this thread... expecting facts or actual experience???

That's gonna take the fun RIGHT out of this conversation. :D

(it's a policy that's just starting though, so I wouldn't expect anyone to have been denied yet, but the fact that they're testing something we can't control to decide whether to warranty something or not still should concern customers. I have yet to hear anyone say what people are ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO DO to solve the problem that they're testing for though)

I agree, facts would absolutly ruin our results and humor haha. But my point was that i havnt heard anybody actually being denied a warranty yet, nor have i read anything saying that is what these tests are specifically being used for. The very first post about this on this site was a disgruntled poo owner who ranted about it, but was never denied his warranty because of the test. So he effectively started a ruckus. I agree many people in the past (remembering that 1 pissed customer is louder than 50 happy ones) have been burnt for one reason or another. Some bad dealers, some being straight bad treatment from the factory. I realize poo has had 800 issues, i will def say they are not the strongest motor on the market. The cat motor is. But the fact still remains from MountainHorses first post that this may and most likely is what all manufactureres are going to be doing. Yes polaris has done it first, but i dont see where any of the speculation on this post has been proven. Yes, polaris has had engine issues and yes they should be tended to, it can't be blamed on the fuel. But fueling is something we all need to be more worried about. And that is why polaris has implemented these studies. I would bet it is more of a proactive movement trying to understand if the fueling is aiding the engine failures or if it really matters. So that they can protect themselves later on. Either way, the original post on this thread is misleading and arrogant as to assume that these ethanol tests are to screw over the consumer that buys there products. There is no way that Multimillion dollar company being Polaris is going to sell a product or have dealers selling products in an area that you cant get the recomended fuel without having all sorts of stipulations when you buy something. And i guarantee if they start denying warrantee claims because of fuel there will be a huge "Must Use This Fuel" sticker, not "recommended", right below the gas lid, and if you cant understand that then you shouldnt be a consumer.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
i highly dought that in flaming gorge utah a dealer snowchecked over 200 cats the only dealer that i can imagine would be action motorsports just because there a huge dealer and and live in a big populated area. polaris out sells cat roughly 3 to 1 action motorsports sells the most sleds, they snowchecked 150 polaris sleds that is the most of any brand snowchecked this year this year so how does your dealer snowcheck 200 cats, polaris still is the most popular sled and is there even a dealer in flaming george.

Who said my dealer was in the west?????? I dont have his exact numbers but it is always around 200 and is in the top 5 in Arctic Cat sales:kev:

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I put over 1200 hard miles on two cats last winter (TM8 and M1000). I burned a few belts, worked some bugs out of the turbo (my first one) and used up 3 barrels of race fuel. Lot's of fun! I ride with 5 dang good friends who ride Pro's. All of them had between 600 and 800 miles on their Pro's. None of these pro's got broke in well. We had awesome powder from November to April and the only thing that went wrong with any of these sleds was a primary spring that broke. That's it.

I'm riding from 7k up to 10k and I haven't seen any issues with any of the Polaris 800's. Could some of the issues with the Pol 800 be happening in lower elevations?

I used to be a Polaris nut. I still like them, but all you fetchers in the Cat and Polaris forum's have me spooked to buy another one :) I'm like Wyoboy, I love the chassis, but I'd be panicing like a queer at a weenie roast holding that 800 wide open for too long.

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
I put over 1200 hard miles on two cats last winter (TM8 and M1000). I burned a few belts, worked some bugs out of the turbo (my first one) and used up 3 barrels of race fuel. Lot's of fun! I ride with 5 dang good friends who ride Pro's. All of them had between 600 and 800 miles on their Pro's. None of these pro's got broke in well. We had awesome powder from November to April and the only thing that went wrong with any of these sleds was a primary spring that broke. That's it.

I'm riding from 7k up to 10k and I haven't seen any issues with any of the Polaris 800's. Could some of the issues with the Pol 800 be happening in lower elevations?

I used to be a Polaris nut. I still like them, but all you fetchers in the Cat and Polaris forum's have me spooked to buy another one :) I'm like Wyoboy, I love the chassis, but I'd be panicing like a queer at a weenie roast holding that 800 wide open for too long.

i think the new pro engine is alot better than the previous 08 to 10 engines and they perform alot better, they definately have more than 135 horse cause they can kill etecs all day long snowmobiler, and for beating cats i have a 2011 cat 153 and pro 155 and my pro will out climb the cat in every situation i know some will disagree, but me being as honest as i can my pro will outrun my cat oh and i replaced my primary clutch on my cat at 500 miles i havent touched my pro except for general maintenance.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
i think the new pro engine is alot better than the previous 08 to 10 engines and they perform alot better, they definately have more than 135 horse cause they can kill etecs all day long snowmobiler, and for beating cats i have a 2011 cat 153 and pro 155 and my pro will out climb the cat in every situation i know some will disagree, but me being as honest as i can my pro will outrun my cat oh and i replaced my primary clutch on my cat at 500 miles i havent touched my pro except for general maintenance.

and tell us again why you are hanging out in the Cat forum, jealously is a evil green monster isn't it:rapture:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA

The absolute ONLY reason the PRO out climbs the cat is due to the chassis and more importantly the rear skid. AGAIN, this thread is about the Polaris MOTOR and NOT the actual sled. How many times to people have to say that the PRO is an excellent platform with a crap motor?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The absolute ONLY reason the PRO out climbs the cat is due to the chassis and more importantly the rear skid. AGAIN, this thread is about the Polaris MOTOR and NOT the actual sled. How many times to people have to say that the PRO is an excellent platform with a crap motor?

I will be first to say I rode a pro rmk last year enough to know I love the chassis. I would love to have that chassis with a 800etec in it. I have never ridden a 800 cat so I can't comment on that. I did love the pro-rmk but I wanted engine reliabilty so I went with the 1100t proclimb. I am just hoping that it will handle decently compared to the pro-rmk, that sled was very flickable and predictable. It is a shame they can't get their motor program together. I suppose it is possible that the my12 prormk could have an updated jug and crank.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I agree, facts would absolutly ruin our results and humor haha. But my point was that i havnt heard anybody actually being denied a warranty yet, nor have i read anything saying that is what these tests are specifically being used for. The very first post about this on this site was a disgruntled poo owner who ranted about it, but was never denied his warranty because of the test. So he effectively started a ruckus. I agree many people in the past (remembering that 1 pissed customer is louder than 50 happy ones) have been burnt for one reason or another. Some bad dealers, some being straight bad treatment from the factory. I realize poo has had 800 issues, i will def say they are not the strongest motor on the market. The cat motor is. But the fact still remains from MountainHorses first post that this may and most likely is what all manufactureres are going to be doing. Yes polaris has done it first, but i dont see where any of the speculation on this post has been proven. Yes, polaris has had engine issues and yes they should be tended to, it can't be blamed on the fuel. But fueling is something we all need to be more worried about. And that is why polaris has implemented these studies. I would bet it is more of a proactive movement trying to understand if the fueling is aiding the engine failures or if it really matters. So that they can protect themselves later on. Either way, the original post on this thread is misleading and arrogant as to assume that these ethanol tests are to screw over the consumer that buys there products. There is no way that Multimillion dollar company being Polaris is going to sell a product or have dealers selling products in an area that you cant get the recomended fuel without having all sorts of stipulations when you buy something. And i guarantee if they start denying warrantee claims because of fuel there will be a huge "Must Use This Fuel" sticker, not "recommended", right below the gas lid, and if you cant understand that then you shouldnt be a consumer.

I don't know if that was directed at me or not, if it was my post was not to mislead anyone but to warn them. In the thread posted it was posted that this test will be done on all warranty claims and as far as I understood that was coming from a dealer. Last year I was very interested in buying a pro like many other cat guys because it is a very capable sled, the engine alone is what kept me from it. It has some other issues too but is a great sled.

But my speculation tells me poo didn't come up with this idea until the rounded up the books at the end of the year and realized they are in it for 4 years and it could get spendy and it gives them a option to opt out.

but I'd be panicing like a queer at a weenie roast holding that 800 wide open for too long.

LMFAO

Is the engine any different than the 08-10 or did they just change some exterior stuff.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
i love it, keep it coming boys this makes for some good reading to help summer fly bye.good intertainment:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features