• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IF YOU WERE TO SIT WITH THE ENGINEERS TO DISCUSS THE THE AXYS... WHAT WOULD YOU ASK?

MountainFanatic

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2012
Wa
Upgrade the TPS
Go to powder coating instead of paint on the tunnel
Better thought out zerk placement on suspention for greasing
Stronger A-arms

Love the sled none the less though

M
Aug 14, 2013
Minny
A 144/46 SKS is a MUST for next year! Not everyone rides all the time in the mountains. The midwest and eastern guys comprise a HUGE portion of the market that may not want or need a 155 or bigger!
Adjustable front end would be huge so guys can transition from straight trail days to total back country days. Also multiple track options, 1.6, 2.0, 2.4
Us here around the great lakes get awesome snow but usually none that warrant a 155 sled!
The switchy assault has been mega popular in the midwest and out east...
I'll be the 1st to snocheck one!!!!!

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
These have all been touched on in one form or another:

1) Factory tether
2) Shock package options
3) All digital TPS - so the dealer can actually make adjustments easily
4) Make the "goggle" storage bigger and warmer
5) Powder coat on areas prone to snow accumulation
6) Adjustable brake lever - make the throw and pressure customizable
7) Lighter/smaller stock can
8) Spark plugs more accessible
9) Upgraded clutching
10) Carbon fiber bumper delete
11) Momentary kill switch
12) Huge reach and double edged sword - Ability for consumer to make digital adjustments (TPS, etc.), read codes, upgrade ECU firmware, etc. easily from a laptop/pad/phone

Last edited:
K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
Although I am hoping to pick one up this week, I do not currently own an Axys. That said, I've been around them riding quite a bit, and installed turbo on the Axys as well (giving me time to poke around inside).
Biggest complaint I have is that they have stuck with the 3 driver design. Why they don't go to a true extrovert driver package is beyond me.
Also, I'd like to see better tunnel bracing from the factory. Sacrificing 1-2lbs total weight, seems like a no brainer if the result is no more easily warped tunnels.
I'm sure I'll have more after I get one for myself, but that's the 2 that nag at me so far.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Trying to keep "back-n-forth" conversations out of this thread...

Just a place for people to Air their "wish list" for new sleds coming out.... not for replies to others posts in this thread... as noted in the first post of this thread.

Replies are great ideas for their own threads... and more content can be explored in depth there.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I would like to see a purpose built 800 ho snowbike.
156x13x3.2 convex track.
Cvt drive.
Probably a coupled skid to tame the wheelie.
I think 350# dry is easily obtainable with current level (polaris) technology.

NOT a Snowhawk!!
No heavy trenching wide sledbike.

At the moment the axys is the most nimble vehicle on the snow (that actually stretches your arms).

S
Dec 30, 2007
SD
Option for a front cooler on a QD rmk

Rear bumper that can handle a snobunje

Tail light with an incandescent bulb that keeps the lens melted

The 1980 gas gage is light and always works with no wiring to check (within its limits)

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
I would say take a close look at electrical system!! it would be nice to be able to plug in accessories in confidence and not have to worry about too much draw on the system and have your stator fail... Tunnel reinforcements at foot wells, I would rather have a questionable/weak A arm than a kinked or bent tunnel.... and yes Factory Turbo option or Dealer installed like Yamaha promotes.... Boondocker would probably fit the bill the best at this point for a pump gas only kit, although I'm not a fan of cutting a hole in the tunnel... The Axys is very superior over the pro, if you gained confidence when riding your pro then you will definitely gain even more riding the Axys... Just would like to see more top end power thats why I vote for a turbo application but along with it you will need a electrical system to back it up..

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i've only ridden my buddies for a mile but..
the goggle thing is weak sauce
and a tether is pretty darn important
also why not make the gas tank a little bit narrower at the
bottom ? i don't like how it pushes on my shins/boots
if you stand back a bit its great
seems like an easy fix

maybe it's just me

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
After a little more seat time on my wife's Axys there's only a couple things I don't really like. The first third or so of the throttle movement just seems too sensitive and I really dislike the toe holds. I just feel like I can't get my feet planted.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Have around 300 miles on my axys, here's what I would like changed/updated:
- A tether, how Polaris has gotten away with not having one of these from the factory is baffling.
- Taller foot holds, my boot keeps getting caught in mine.
- A goggle holder that will actually fit a pair of goggles with a breathe deflector on them.
- Powder coating not paint, mines flaking pretty bad already. My T3 looks pristine still and has twice the miles.
- More room between the rear bumper and the snow flap, seems like I can't hardly fit my hand in there even when I'm not stuck.
- Reversible ice scratchers.

Fit/Finish fixes:
- Higher quality switches (handlebar warmer/ high and low beam). The current switches work but when comparing to my T3 they look and feel VERY primitive.
- The panel gap between the gas tank and dash shroud bugs me.
- The goggle holder lid is pretty chintzy, on one side I've got a half inch of gap and the other side it's super snug.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now. However, make no mistake about it, as far as a tool in the backcountry this sled is amazing! Just like anything else, there is always room for improvement.

Last edited:
O

octane

Dec 3, 2007
Great Falls, MT
- 163" SKS
- Pro with front cooler option or a cooling system that will keep the sled cool when not in powder
- Vented oil cap
- Fogging program or better access.
- Sno check seat options

Premium Features