• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I there a big difference between full slp set up and y pipe and can on m1000

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I have y pipe and can on my 07 m1000 run great. But if I could see a big gain in a full slp pipe set up. I would think about doing it. I do not want to got through all the hassle if it is not that noticeable. Also with a pc3 is it pretty easy to tune. I have an adjustable fuel pressure reg. on it now. Turn up a couple of lbs. for the t pipe. Any input would help thanks

image.jpg

Last edited:
S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I think its probably the best aftermarket upgrade you can do for increase in HP. You will be just shy of 200 hp, I run a pc3 with slp map. I did not set it up, I bought it that way, The bottom end has a stutter at times other than that it pulls your arms off.

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Slp

Thanks for the input. What is the real hp numbers at 6 to 7 thousand ft. Elevation

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the pipe alone is good for about 12-15 HP gain

I had a full SLP on my 09 Sp 162 m1000 with pc5, the SLP airbox made a big difference, also had the SP clutchig which helped out also. I was really surprised with how big of a difference the SLp airbox made over stock

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Slp air intake

I am running a diamond s mesh hood with a snow pre filter over air horn. So it I. Do not think a slp air intake would help.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
Worlds apart on power

I have a speedworks y, pipe and mbrp can all bought from racinstation with a pcv tuned by him out of the box in totally different country from where he's from mine is turn key. I ride western wa. 3-7 . Anyways I took her to island park dropped it by for some maintenance and he changed some of the boxes on the pcv and it pulls like a freight train now. I would have never thought you could have got more out of something so impressive.

Premium Features