• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx slp twin pipes

W
Mar 22, 2022
Quebec
Installed a set of twin pipes on the sled brand new flashed it stage one. Did full clutch kit from slp. Drove it and sled won’t rev up past 8450 no matter what weight is in it. Kinda sounds like it’s reving at different times each cylinder not just a full exhaust note. Have videos if needed.
Anyway was hoping someone could figure this out for me I’d like to have them rev up a lot more but seems like they are falling on them selfs or something. Could the flash not have worked or maybe the wrong flash somehow ?
I can take enough weight out where it will over rev at first blip of throttle but wide open it will stay at 8450
Thanks you any info on this would be great or I guess I will have to call slp and try figuring it out.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
What elevation you at? SLP pipes haven't worked from what I've seen. Know someone who bought a "pro's" sled that had them and finally gave up and ripped the stupid things off. It blows my mind how much stuff gets sold on the market that rarely works!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Slp stuff used to always work. Was never the most claimed horsepower but always worked. Times have apparently changed. Twin pipes have always been fussier. That's why i quit running them years ago. Big bores rank right in there also but i ordered a 9r. Guess we'll see. They say you can't fix stupid.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
0-4000 feet ya haven’t had any luck so far trying to understand it
The problem is they are run and tested at much higher elevation. Personally I wouldn't run them unless you are riding >6,000'. You low elevation guys get the shaft when it comes to where this stuff is tested and dialed in at. None of the sponsored guys are riding low elevation with this stuff.

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
One of my riding buddies has them and likes them, said the 1st tune had a dead spot at mid range but the latest tune is great, good power and they sound awesome, why do you want this thing reving so high? 8100 is where it should be, for the most part these slp twins are sweet, dont let the keyboard warriors fool you, ill be putting a set on my sled once its off warranty, if i was you put your clutching weight back and ride in a lower rpm range.... they probably work fine and if your still having issues call slp they're support is great

B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
The SLP twins run at 8600 - 8700. You’re not getting anything out of them at 8100. My first try with them was not good, but I had a crank bearing that went that might of contributed. I am going to put them back on with the head for next fall and try them again. When they work the gains are VERY noticeable, but they we’re beyond finicky for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
In my experience over the years messing with mod motors or putting pipes on stock twin cyls, twin pipes were not happy in low elevation riding, but really shined in higher elevations like Chadly said. they also dont like to be cold i used to wrap mine. I believe there is another thread about this subject. I seem to recall there was a lot of pissing around to get them to work.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
What do I know? I'm just a keyboard jockey. ? Anyone who says the Patriot should be pulling 8100 and is worried about Warranty before doing a mod probably could kick my ass on the groomers! ?

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
The whole clutching scene on this fourm is so f'd in general, no one has a clue what they are doing and wondering why it doesn't work, but thats another rabbit hole to go down, id like to know how chadly knows where slp tests there pipes, and how "slp pipes havent worked" thats the definition of a keyboard jockey, im suprised between you and your buddy you were even able to figure out how to get those old pipes off... just because you cant figure out how they work dosent mean they dont work

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The whole clutching scene on this fourm is so f'd in general, no one has a clue what they are doing and wondering why it doesn't work, but thats another rabbit hole to go down, id like to know how chadly knows where slp tests there pipes, and how "slp pipes havent worked" thats the definition of a keyboard jockey, im suprised between you and your buddy you were even able to figure out how to get those old pipes off... just because you cant figure out how they work dosent mean they dont work
Sheer I see you are in WA. Where do you ride? Let's go ride together. I'd love for you to teach me!

C
Dec 14, 2020

Well, they work with Chris in Colorado at elevation, and they're based in Idaho where they ride decent elevation.

Then you have the Midwest guys complaining they don't work right when they're at low elevation.

Would you mind letting go of your clutching secrets? Or are you stuck at 8100 because bikeman cuts the throttle there on his videos?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well, they work with Chris in Colorado at elevation, and they're based in Idaho where they ride decent elevation.

Then you have the Midwest guys complaining they don't work right when they're at low elevation.

Would you mind letting go of your clutching secrets? Or are you stuck at 8100 because bikeman cuts the throttle there on his videos?
The guy is just parroting bad information to purchase justify his previous decisions.

He bounces around trying to contradict guys with 40 plus years of experience clutching or building motors.

Always good for a laugh.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The guy is just parroting bad information to purchase justify his previous decisions.

He bounces around trying to contradict guys with 40 plus years of experience clutching or building motors.

Always good for a laugh.
I have always said this. From my experience a lot of guys on the forums buy expensive stuff and say it works to hide their embarrassment of wasting money on junk. Thats why everyone on the forum seems to have had a pull and go turbo with zero issues yet I've never seen one in person. I guess Sheer doesn't want to teach me how to ride. ??‍♂️

C
Dec 14, 2020
I have always said this. From my experience a lot of guys on the forums buy expensive stuff and say it works to hide their embarrassment of wasting money on junk. Thats why everyone on the forum seems to have had a pull and go turbo with zero issues yet I've never seen one in person. I guess Sheer doesn't want to teach me how to ride. ??‍♂️

My buddies boondocker m8000 was pull and go.... after the 4th tuner in 3 years that got it running right. Oh, and "pull" may mean anywhere between 1 and 20 pulls depending on the day. But it still goes, well unless it's broken down....

But yeah, they're totally reliable some weekends.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
2018 gen 4 pull and go. Fixed an antifreeze leak first day due to pin hole in hose. Never touched it in 2 years after that. Guy that bought it had to get muffler welded. He also turned boost to 7 pounds and blew airbox off. I had it at 5. Silber turbo. Best running turbo i ever had.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I’d try run the flash again if you can. I only know one guy running them here in Ak and that sled is a beast. Works amazing at sea level. If your pushing that many rpm you could be hitting the rev limiter if the flash didn’t take.

W
Mar 22, 2022
Quebec
I’d try run the flash again if you can. I only know one guy running them here in Ak and that sled is a beast. Works amazing at sea level. If your pushing that many rpm you could be hitting the rev limiter if the flash didn’t take.
Will give it a try and hopefully it will be perfect after I’m excited to try them and give my full opinion

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
I was the first one with Twins on a Matryx. First ride with them was with Chris B Jan 1. First tune sucked. 2nd tune better. By 4th tune they were rock solid. Put Chris's clutch kit in day two and helpped alot. Sled rips running 8200-8400. Ive ridden them from 2500' to 11,000' just takes a different ramp set to nail the RPM's. Im in French Polynesia right now or I would let you know which tune revision I am running. If you have the SLP tuner box update it via WiFi and upload the newest tune.

Premium Features