• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I have closed my Facebook account.................

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
GM just uses other tax loopholes to avoid paying.....but at least they still stay under the umbrella of the USA.

Almost every big corporation does something of this sort to avoid paying taxes.

GM leaves FB due to claims of poor returns on advertising investment

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Which is exactly why I no longer care to belong to this cult.

EVERY website you enter monitors your ip.

The only way to avoid it is to stay off the Internet. Software automatically logs the referring website and your IP. Some websites just get more creative with that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fad or not the advertising they generate is huge. There are almost 900 million users worldwide.
To put that in perspective:
American Express has roughly 50 million customers.
Visa 261 credit card users
Debit 392
MasterCard credit: 176 million 129 million debit

Users are different than customers. Customers actively spend money. Users log in, look at pictures, give a status update, and log out.
This stock is going nowhere, fast.

Also, people are always going to try to keep as much of their earned money as possible. As long as the presidency continues to push for the largest tax increase in US history (as he is doing now), you will continue to see more of this behavior.. companies moving over seas, outsourcing production, call centers, etc.

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
That all happened far before this president.

Say what you like but Facebook makes billions from advertising. It clearly works or these companies wouldn't invest into it.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That all happened far before this president.

Say what you like but Facebook makes billions from advertising. It clearly works or these companies wouldn't invest into it.

Or they may realize it may not be as effective as they had hoped, just like GM did.

I honestly cannot remember seeing a single ad when I did frequent facebook.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
I've got to disagree with the majority here. When I sit down, and I see a Budlight commercial come on. Almost every time, I have to get back up, walk over to the fridge, and get one. Call it what you want, but advertising makes me drink beer almost every night. I'd be sober if it wasn't for TV. If they had beer advertising on FB, then maybe I'd have to drink at work. Who knows.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
social marketing is easy to navigate....:face-icon-small-con
buddy-media-social-marketing.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
ha ha... social networking... the next bubble.

I wonder what will happen when people realize that content that is created by them and posted onto websites is no longer theirs.

Next thing you know, they will start charging for your own information...:face-icon-small-sho

:face-icon-small-ton

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
I just signed up under family pressure, I will by the stock not just yet tho. I did not buy any when friends worked at a startup called Microsoft and suffer to this day. House in Maui or Montana not for me.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
yeah, but that was a start up. This company is fully built and over estimated. Look at what it earns compared to what it is supposedly worth. 1B made versus 100B valuation?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
GM will be back on Facebook. They pulled off to see how it changes once public.

I think you have way to much faith in social media and facebook...

The argument that it is a good thing because people spend money on advertising is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen..

Past performance does not indicate future results.

Did Murdoch buying MySpace for 250 million make it worth it? Nope
Does Facebook selling shares at now $31 a pop make it worth it? I don't think so.

Social networking is a fad. It also seems like social networking does little to produce content / products. Look at Google, they are working on so many different products / services it is silly. They provide the content, Facebook relies on the users for their content.

Once Facebook starts monetizing their users more, people are going to get fed up with it. People are already getting fed up with it.. I am.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

The argument that it is a good thing because people spend money on advertising is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen..

Does Facebook selling shares at now $31 a pop make it worth it? I don't think so.

Social networking is a fad. It also seems like social networking does little to produce content / products. Look at Google, they are working on so many different products / services it is silly. They provide the content, Facebook relies on the users for their content.

Once Facebook starts monetizing their users more, people are going to get fed up with it. People are already getting fed up with it.. I am.

There are more users on Facebook than there are people in the united states. You can't touch that anywhere else, no where.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

There are more users on Facebook than there are people in the united states. You can't touch that anywhere else, no where.

Your argument is: "I've never seen the results, therefor it doesn't work".

Do you really think companies would continue the investment if they didn't see some sort of results?

Premium Features