• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I don’t drink while sledding.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Drinking is a must, especially when riding hard.
Dehydration kills!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
save the alky for the bar at night. Sledding can be dangerous enough sober.
To many names that I know passed on due to alcohol, sledding and hitting hard sh$t. Also many immediate and close friends perfectly sober don't sled anymore after near death experiences. I save it for home anymore with all the drama in the bars and cops waiting to play a round of cornhole the drunk.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I pack a beer and a couple of waters. I still love a cold beer near the end of the day.
How do you keep them from popping open. I've run to the bar and strapped a case on the back rack and made it home a few blocks away ok. I also tried a few in the rear sear back and they popped. Hell, I've even moved 300 miles and my home brew didn't make the trip in the back of a moving truck without busting all the caps open. (movers almost saw a grown ass man sob that day!)

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
How do you keep them from popping open. I've run to the bar and strapped a case on the back rack and made it home a few blocks away ok. I also tried a few in the rear sear back and they popped. Hell, I've even moved 300 miles and my home brew didn't make the trip in the back of a moving truck without busting all the caps open. (movers almost saw a grown ass man sob that day!)
Ride an Axys.
U can literally put a bag of crackers under the seat for 3-4 trips and not have a crumb in the bag.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I think everybody I know drinks while sledding. I know that if I were to drink a couple or few my chances of getting to the trailer unscathed would much less. I might have a drink when I hit the truck after picking up a beer or two found on the trail, picked up an entire six pack the other day that must have jumped off some dudes rack.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Back thirty or so years ago when we carried beer, freezing was the issue. Coors Light froze first, then Bud froze. Coors Banquet was always last to freeze. Somehow, that seemed to amaze and offend Bud drinkers.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Rode with a guy once who swore he was fine with a case strapped in the back rack. 2 miles down the bumpy trail the case bounced out, bungie cord whipped it into the track and the track literally jammed the whole case of beer up into the front of tunnel. The whole case was jammed between the track driver and heat exchanger. We tried everything to get it out including dragging sled backward down the trail with 3 guys sitting on it. NOPE! He ended up cutting it out bit by bit with a leather-man. Three hours later he got it cleared out. Then we rode (2) miles back to truck. Great day ride..

I will never ride with that guy again! F-N dumb a$$

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
nope... I do enough stupid stuff without the help of alcohol... plus if you have to spend the night in an emergency, you don't need alcohol in your system... we don't ride with what we refer to as " 5 thirties" ride five miles and stop and drink for 30 minutes...

Premium Features