• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HPS????????need help

P
i want to take the stock exhaust off my 2010 xp and get the hps pipe and can, what do you guys think about this? im knew to this sport so i dont know much about mods. and i want it to be loud but make hp too. :face-icon-small-dis

N
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Lake
HPS is a great can. I have one on my 07 summit. With any can you probably won't make hp but you will save weight, which will increase you power to weight ratio. I do want to give a plug to lower noise levels. The problem with some cans is they reinforce the "greenies" belief that snowmobiles are bad. With land closures threatening our riding areas, the last thing we need is loud snowmobiles holding us back from the riding areas we love. What is more important, a loud snowmobile or being able to ride? I know what my choice is.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
HPS is a great can. I have one on my 07 summit. With any can you probably won't make hp but you will save weight, which will increase you power to weight ratio. I do want to give a plug to lower noise levels. The problem with some cans is they reinforce the "greenies" belief that snowmobiles are bad. With land closures threatening our riding areas, the last thing we need is loud snowmobiles holding us back from the riding areas we love. What is more important, a loud snowmobile or being able to ride? I know what my choice is.
Thanks for addressing that point!( quiet exhaust) Cant go wrong with the HPS can. Hps is also known for a real mellow sound, but yet doesn't sound stock. Diddnt know Scott was making a pipe though?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
HPS is the best can out there. My HPS did give me gains, albeit slight but I got gains. I don't think they make pipes.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
dont want to hijack or anything but is there a can that is quiet at idle and at normal running down the trails, but when you hit it you have a brappp sound to it? A good tone when your climben or in the trees? Just wondering

Premium Features