• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to make your ski doo sled better

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Brp needs to put better rubbers in their sleds leaving the factory, I know multiple ambassadors that have been asking for them for years now.
Well we all agree with that, but here is the issue. For any OEM to change something it had to be tested tried and tested multiple times in every way shape and form, this cost huge dollars. I would put at changing the ski rubbers at 30-40 grand or more...and if they did change them in a model year everyone would say big ****, as they do for most stuff. So do you want them to spend that money on ski rubbers or something like shot? All the aftermarket has to do is make it, obviously a bit more with testing and fit and everything before putting their name on it but at a 2-5% of the cost. So that is why. It is why it took them so long to replace the crappy brake lever with something way better and adjustable..

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
The oem ones last most guys a season there a wear item imo just like ski rods , belts, slides ect , there’s a few options for aftermarket . I’ve bin running the ones Dave mentioned for 2 seasons they’re like new still very good product.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Peanuts. That QR code stunt probably cost that much.
the lap dances for me is that budget alone!! just for the winter months
What's going on, every video lately is vertical video.
insta pays more than snowest....is why, just like your work, you do the stuff that brings home the bacon, before the stuff that does not...I do this stuff out of the goodness of my heart and get **** on most of the time, is your honest answer...cause guys want honesty

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
We appreciate it Dave, please keep it up! It's not often that a brand ambassador provides an honest assessment for why they are swapping out OEM Parts for aftermarket. Brett Turcotte and Caleb Kesterke make YouTubes every year of all the stuff they swap out, and its a LOT, especially on sleds that cost $25k+ OTD. They never admit that the OEM Parts don't measure up, they just say it's a "preference". I've been running the Salas for a couple seasons and DuraPros before that. It's a definite improvement for a very small cost (at least in sledding terms).

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
We appreciate it Dave, please keep it up! It's not often that a brand ambassador provides an honest assessment for why they are swapping out OEM Parts for aftermarket. Brett Turcotte and Caleb Kesterke make YouTubes every year of all the stuff they swap out, and its a LOT, especially on sleds that cost $25k+ OTD. They never admit that the OEM Parts don't measure up, they just say it's a "preference". I've been running the Salas for a couple seasons and DuraPros before that. It's a definite improvement for a very small cost (at least in sledding terms).
Yes for sure! I use the analogy often of we can all go buy a ktm 300 XC for 13 grand and add 2 grand of parts to protect it and have a blast, but it is a far cry from the supercross 450 valued at 180 grand. Sleds are expensive but they are made to be light and work for everyone while being cost effective(I know everyone thinks they are over priced) but if you want to ride it hard and push it hard as lots of riders do, especially those two guys you mentioned then your gonna break stuff and if you want improvements there are lots and it is just more money. I was chatting with Caleb a few weeks back and he did an amazing vid on tracks and skids, he was told to take it down, i thought it was a bad decision because his video was very informative on how the skid works and why he does his changes as he rides extremely hard, he even said he loved the new 325 track, but for him the weight and strength of the camo were more important. The only vid I was told to take down was when we lite the track on fire at grizzly lodge, some snowflake(liberal) thought we were spoiled and burning a new track, it was even my buddies sled and that track is still running strong, ha ha!!! You don't have to change much on the ski doo but like I said the issue is where do you spend the money, its better spent on bigger changes than smaller ones that
the aftermarket can do easier and faster! We just got dumped on again overnight and this am was redic!!!

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 1.46.13 PM.png

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
agreed. utilize the r&d that we all end up paying for on things that will actually make a difference.

D
Dec 22, 2018
Well we all agree with that, but here is the issue. For any OEM to change something it had to be tested tried and tested multiple times in every way shape and form, this cost huge dollars. I would put at changing the ski rubbers at 30-40 grand or more...and if they did change them in a model year everyone would say big ****, as they do for most stuff. So do you want them to spend that money on ski rubbers or something like shot? All the aftermarket has to do is make it, obviously a bit more with testing and fit and everything before putting their name on it but at a 2-5% of the cost. So that is why. It is why it took them so long to replace the crappy brake lever with something way better and adjustable..

You (BRP) already have the product, just take ski rubbers from Shredder and use it in DS4 ski, it works a lot better than stock and lasts a lot longer. Ski stays leveled and rubber doesn't break. I was about to order salazzking but this has worked really good so far. Cost was minimal and I could get it from my local dealer the same day...

K
Oct 16, 2022
Finland
You (BRP) already have the product, just take ski rubbers from Shredder and use it in DS4 ski, it works a lot better than stock and lasts a lot longer. Ski stays leveled and rubber doesn't break. I was about to order salazzking but this has worked really good so far. Cost was minimal and I could get it from my local dealer the same day...
Is Lynx rubber direct fit or do you have to modify it somehow?

Premium Features