• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How loud is bdx intake?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
How much louder is the bdx intake? Dropping almost 10 lbs is appealing, but i dont know if i want my ears ringing all day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
On the zuke it was nearly unbearable. Have not been around one on the ctech but cant imagine it is much different. A good chunk of that weight is the headlight imo.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
On the zuke it was nearly unbearable. Have not been around one on the ctech but cant imagine it is much different. A good chunk of that weight is the headlight imo.
Same here: no experience with Ctec, but the one on my proclimb with larger throttle bodies is about as loud as my Diamond-S quite can from idle up into the midrange. Then I don't notice it after that.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I'm finding my stock alpha (first AC sled) has a ton of intake noise, Even with the stock muffler and swapping over to the trail can i can still hear the intake more than exhaust.

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
I think the pre-2017 bdx intakes had frogskins covering the top just adhead of the windscreen. Mine is a 2013 prolite & it can be annoying at low rpm... but the bmp "skinny" silencer is pretty loud as well so It drowned out the intake noise after 6000rpm. I am updating to the new plastics now (frogskins on the sides -- not the top center) so hope that decreases the noise somewhat.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
I agree it isn't excessive but it is a pretty good step up in noise level....something like the step up from stock to my HPS can. Definitely a drawback. I would note that I still had the milky oil/water in the intake with the BDX hood....probably more than stock.

Premium Features