• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hot tips for Yeti brakes

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Fellas. Looking for positive ACTUAL ways to get a 2016-2019 yeti to stop. I hear the new ones are sorted.

If folks wanna talk about bleeding, warranty updates etc, lets keep that to where it belongs. The comedy section.

Potential solutions:
- steer directly into a tree
- carry a large implement to jam into the track. Maybe a hockey stick?
- jump off

remember... no idea is a bad idea at this stage of the process.

R
Sep 15, 2010
I installed the 2021 brake upgrade kit on my 16 Yeti. First trip out clipped a rock and destroyed my spindle, before we even made it to the timber. So, I‘ll report back in 2 weeks after next trip lol. Updated kit included, new rotor, 2 piston caliper, rotor shield, trackshaft seal and fasteners. I’m still running a Brembo master cylinder which is an absolute nightmare to bleed. That will get replaced in the off season. The rotor didn’t look very high quality, but kit looks pretty legit other then that. I’m hopeful they might work.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
portgrinder, unfortunately I don't have any real constructive advice but, man I share your frustration. wow, so many close calls depending on those useless brakes. only thing saved my ass couple times was low first gear and a fred flinstone act. I do at times pull the brake and warm it up in anticipation of a need but that is mostly miss vs hit. yeah, somebody got a fix im all ears..

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The Yeti brake update which Camso sent out at no charge is flawless and solid, They work every time just perfect. They use different seals and specs.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
byeatts, that update you mentioned, does it apply/fit all years? No charge for any year? Dealers should be aware??

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
byeatts, that update you mentioned, does it apply/fit all years? No charge for any year? Dealers should be aware??
some 17 ,18 and 19 were on the update list, Yeti has serials that are effected

Fellas. Looking for positive ACTUAL ways to get a 2016-2019 yeti to stop. I hear the new ones are sorted.

If folks wanna talk about bleeding, warranty updates etc, lets keep that to where it belongs. The comedy section.

Potential solutions:
- steer directly into a tree
- carry a large implement to jam into the track. Maybe a hockey stick?
- jump off

remember... no idea is a bad idea at this stage of the process.
Loop your spare belt around the ski... Should slow you right down.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
What’s the issue that prevents them working? Ice? Just wondering. Mine is mototrax and it’s the one thing they got right on that kit, the only one. It’s fully enclosed and outside the whole kit. Somewhat at risk of damage but the housing protects well enough and the brake works well every time you need it. I would think full enclosure is the way forward.

Premium Features