• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HORRIBLE END to a great day and a new sled…

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Got all the little stuff bolted back onto the sled yesterday.
Tomorrow the front and rear bumpers will come off.
New Skid Plate, New Bash Plate, New Front Bumper, New Rear Bumper.
And that Gawd Awful looking extended glove box with all of its associated internal electronics will get re-attached.

Should be back to new on Tuesday and ready to ride for the rest of the season!!:)
Are you going to install a roll cage on this one? :ROFLMAO:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
First I’ve heard of checks in ID past two years…. They’ve backed way down since Vins are no longer part of sticker process.
Abandoned theft prevention and committed to gathering for parks and rec maintenance.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Same.
In Heber I rode into lot in a UT truck, my sled in with them.
Guys behind us I’d come in from ID with, fish cops dropped on their ID plates like Kanedog on well, anything.
I was arguing with cop with ID guys, we came in early on holiday with businesses closed, he ended up writing tickets, but gave them x time to get tags and he’d tear up tickets.
My sled in UT trailer never got looked at and I went driving away untagged and unticketed with the utards.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Here in BC there are lots of title checks either by cops, forestry or conservation. If you dont have a license plate on the side of your sled you tend to get checked more. The plate is ugly, i just keep it and the paperwork that says i own the sled in my back pack. If you cant prove the sled is yours you get a fine but if you take the paperwork into whom ever issued the ticket within 3 days i believe they will tear up the ticket. If you dont pay the ticket it will show its ugly head when you go to renew vehicle insurance or drivers lisence renewal. they have you no matter what you do

J
Nov 25, 2019
Here in BC there are lots of title checks either by cops, forestry or conservation. If you dont have a license plate on the side of your sled you tend to get checked more. The plate is ugly, i just keep it and the paperwork that says i own the sled in my back pack. If you cant prove the sled is yours you get a fine but if you take the paperwork into whom ever issued the ticket within 3 days i believe they will tear up the ticket. If you dont pay the ticket it will show its ugly head when you go to renew vehicle insurance or drivers lisence renewal. they have you no matter what you do
I’ve never seen or heard of anyone I know being asked/checked for registration. Only people who know I own my sled is the dealer/polaris. I guess when you don’t ride the groomed areas in bc you have less risk of being checked.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
they sit right in our parking lots where we unload to go sledding where i live. Prince George was/is relentless for doin checks, they even use to fine you if you had a 1/2 ton pickup with 2 sleds on it plus make you unload on the spot 1 sled and then you had to figure out how you were gonna transport the other sled.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
What was the total cost on the rebuild?plus the 8g’s you paid to get it back.Also another surprise is you could get the correct parts to repair it.Be sure to fill us in

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What was the total cost on the rebuild?plus the 8g’s you paid to get it back.Also another surprise is you could get the correct parts to repair it.Be sure to fill us in
Honestly don't have a clue.
I turned around and sold it to my Ski-Doo mechanic.
He decided he wanted it as his project and he rebuilt the damn thing in 2 weeks time!

Premium Features