• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Homemade Ankle Savers

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
It looks as though many have shown interest in what others are doing in an effort to prevent broken ankles and legs on the Pro and Axys sleds, attached is a picture of what I built and have been using for years. Proper size nipple cut in two, weld a couple straps to it of proper length and hose clamp it on, grind off the boot grabbers on the running board. You still have a toe grab but your toe only sticks in the well half as far as before.

Scotty's Ankle Saver.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It looks as though many have shown interest in what others are doing in an effort to prevent broken ankles and legs on the Pro and Axys sleds, attached is a picture of what I built and have been using for years. Proper size nipple cut in two, weld a couple straps to it of proper length and hose clamp it on, grind off the boot grabbers on the running board. You still have a toe grab but your toe only sticks in the well half as far as before.

i’ve just started bending the hoop up 3/4” - 1” on the outside edge.

feels just like stock but boots don’t get caught. (Can still get your foot all the way forward for the steep sidehill)

literally takes less than a minute with a dead blow hammer or chunk of wood.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I'm an old guy with a bad back, I like riding in the seat and use the toe hook a lot. Bending seems like a great idea provided the aluminum doesn't crack in the process. I've seen several cut-off and have rode a few, for my riding style I missed the toe hook the minute I sat on the sled.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Cut them off for sure. Easier to move forward in the trees / sidehill and better in the event you have to bail!!!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I personally dont like the toe hold block off deal.... OR cutting them off. I think the better option is to bend them up an inch. Extra room to get you foot out, but still be able to use the entire footwell.

Premium Features