• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: Everett Ankle Savers

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
If you missed the Black Friday sale, we've got a winter sale going on now. Sales have been better than expected but I still have many to sell. Keep'em coming and thanks to everyone that bought a set or two or three!

Order up at www.everettsports.net/anklesavers
1b80f16e4099738c265c9a64ad676767.jpg

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
I've had a few customers, that use the toe hoops a lot, concerned that they will loose that feature with Ankle Savers. I walked out to the shop tonight and snapped a few pics of the Savers on my personal sled. I have them angled forward so that there is still some hoop to get your boot under. The full hoop is still available toward the outsides, as well.

These particular Ankle Savers came off of my Pro-Ride chassis sled a couple of seasons ago. So, you can see they are transferrable and durable.

I'm expecting a call from the machine shop any day now!
1c59144669ea2c4ffb0797c173dec8f2.jpg
8f448da563ab2dc3ebb5bb40f74dc290.jpg
8e9988848cd048f4437fbc9bce4e265d.jpg
There’s ur prob, the fxr boots are huge. Had em and feet got stuck under. Switched to Klim, no longer am issue and a better boot, to boot.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
There’s ur prob, the fxr boots are huge. Had em and feet got stuck under. Switched to Klim, no longer am issue and a better boot, to boot.
Funny, I switched from Klim to FXR. I had the Arctic boots, but they were very bulky and my feet would always get cold. Switched to FXR, with half the insulation, and feet have never been cold. Seems odd, but that's my experience. Love the FXR boots.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Funny, I switched from Klim to FXR. I had the Arctic boots, but they were very bulky and my feet would always get cold. Switched to FXR, with half the insulation, and feet have never been cold. Seems odd, but that's my experience. Love the FXR boots.

that is funny.. i had the fxr boas first and they soaked my feet and would get hung up on sled. Switched to Klim and they have been amazing..

i thought the fxr’s looked amazing tho and felt great.. maybe I got a bad set, but they were a bit bulkier than my Klim boas so all in all it worked out.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Nope - not boot brand causing the issue ...sled rolls and your foot is at an angle the profile of all boots suddenly becomes much larger and gets trapped ....cut off the toe loops and problem solved ..foot can now get further forward for technical tree riding and increased leverage

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Nope - not boot brand causing the issue ...sled rolls and your foot is at an angle the profile of all boots suddenly becomes much larger and gets trapped ....cut off the toe loops and problem solved ..foot can now get further forward for technical tree riding and increased leverage

Yup it is a problem. Not sure why u would say Nope.. if ur boot is so thick it jams in there and cant slide in/out freely then its a huge ass problem.

roll the sled or not, if ur boot jams itself in there and ur doing anything to upset the balance of the sled, its not gonna feel right.

im far from great but my feet are always moving and grabbing diff angles.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I believe couch was saying "nope" to this being a brand specific issue. It happens with any brand boot and nearly any size boot. The hoops are tall enough to just stick your boot under, but they're not tall enough to put your boot in and rotate.

I believe I mentioned this in another thread, but I would pretty much never put my feet under the hoops while riding. My feet are always somewhere on the back half of the running boards. What pushed me to create the Ankle Savers was when I got clotheslined by a tree. I fell back as my foot flew forward and under the hoop. Then, as I fell off to the side of the sled, my boot twisted and got hooked. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get hurt too bad, but it took quite an effort to get myself unhooked from the hoop. My sled got wedged against a tree, but had it rolled....

F

formulaben

Dec 6, 2019
What pushed me to create the Ankle Savers was when I got clotheslined by a tree. I fell back as my foot flew forward and under the hoop. Then, as I fell off to the side of the sled, my boot twisted and got hooked. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get hurt too bad, but it took quite an effort to get myself unhooked from the hoop. My sled got wedged against a tree, but had it rolled....

My ankles hurt just reading that.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Regardless of boot size / type it can / will get caught in the toe loop when rotated esp if your foot is at an angle on the board ... Be smart and buy the ankle savers or cut the toe loop off altogether ...your knees and ankles will thank you.

Premium Features