• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Home made altitude wiring kit???

T
Jan 7, 2013
canada
Hey does anyone know how the altitude indicator wiring kit works on the 2010 Dragon instrumentation cluster? is it possible to make one at home instead of paying for a wire?

2poor

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Boise Idaho
If you find a harness off of a 05-06 900 you can cut the wires off and crimp the ends on to plug into the dragon harness.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The wiring should all be there, you just need to buy the sensor and plug it in. My plug is in the harness up towards the left front (there is also another plug for outside temp sensor).

T
Jan 7, 2013
canada
Thanks, I'm going to poke around and see what i come up with. i was under the impression that the sensor was already built into the instrumentation cluster and that the wire in the "Kit" from polaris only contained a power with with a resistor in it. The Kit's only $30 or $ 60 bucks.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Nope, not built in. Well everthing except the sensor is built in, the sensor is what you are buying. There used to be a post showing the two optional sensors, but they may have been before the site was updated and old threads gone.

Premium Features