• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hidden Gems! It's back with a new name, same idiot proposing it.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I just got this email from the Holy Cross Powderhounds. Typical Liberal/enviro nazi tactics. Hold a meeting when opposers (aka, productive members of society) have to work. If any of you can make it, PLEASE GO! I can't attend, I have one of the pesky things that tree huggers don't have. A job.

I apologize for the late notice of this email. I was out of town last night when I first heard of this visit from the moto club. I don't like that the meeting is in the middle of the day and I certainly will not be able to make it. If you can show up it would do wonders for Udall's aid to see that there is opposition to his wilderness concept. Remember to approach the situation tactfully or Udall's office will simply ignore us. Thanks to the moto club for the email on this (see below).

Lance - Club President

Please see below notice regarding the promotion of Hidden Gems and the wilderness proposal, we must make it clear that the majority of our community do not support wilderness. There are better ways to protect our land from development and mining, which still allow access for dirt bike, OHV, and mountain bikes.

Make your voice heard in person this Wednesday TOMORROW, March 14, from 3-5 p.m. at the Avon Library.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Thanks for posting PJ. Also, notice that email is a day late so it is actually referring to today (Wednesday). I plan on contacting his aide to let her know that many of us cannot attend a meeting from 3-6pm.

psychoneurosis

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
Longmont CO
www.psychoneurosisracing.com
If you can't make the meeting -ask the senators office for more. They have already committed to sitting with every club to discuss the proposal and they said there is no timeline. This is probably the best contact point to schedule a meeting through but they will meet anywhere in the state.

Denver Metro Area Region Office
999 18th Street
Suite 1525, North Tower
Denver, CO 80202
P: 303-650-7820

We need to voice our objections to this - couple more discussion points 4% of visits go to Wilderness areas and 16% of public lands are already designated - sounds like an oversupply to me.

Average daily spending per rec (sorry no wilderness spending)

Winter motorized $142
General winter user $73
General summer user $63

Have to question if this is a viable target market for eco development?????

Udall sites the Outdoor Industry study finding 10 billion for eco impact - slight problem this is not a Wilderness usage study.
OIF study includes value of RV Camping, developed campsite activities, lodge stays, motorized fishing, bicycling, downhill skiing, municipal trail corridor usage, motorized wildlife watching.

Basically every usage in this study would be precluded by a Wilderness designation

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
That is such a fat crock of **** that they won't have the ****ing comment sessions anywhere people can go to it at a time when REAL folks have jobs.

God what a bunch of horse ****.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
These are quotes directly from an email i recieved from udall on the wilderness proposal. Get ready to Barf and please start writing letters.

"Wilderness is one of Colorado’s great economic engines."

"Activities such as hiking, skiing, paddling and fishing contribute more than $10 billion annually to our economy, supporting some 100,000 Colorado jobs and generating $500 million in state tax revenue. Wilderness ensures that skiers and hikers have beautiful vistas, anglers have clean streams in which to fish, and hunters have healthy big-game herds. These resources attract visitors from all over the nation and world."

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Re-posted from another thread FYI.

<<"wilderness is one of Colorado's great economic engines" >>

This is a tired line used by the greenies, and it doesn't hold much water. There is indeed value in un-touched lands, but it doesn't translate into economic prowess. Most of the areas deserving of preservation already have the designations. It's mostly used as a political pawn to benefit the "muscle-power" crowd(although they drive 1981 Volvo's to the trailhead). Ever notice how Wilderness mostly surrounds the ski towns & tourist areas??? Read: ripe areas for membership $$$ for green-washing outfits.

We had our local mayor - defacto leader of CB's "just say no to everything" green movement, and his town clowncil friend shut down our ski area expansion, and advocate for a wilderness area where there is no threat - then turn around that SAME YEAR and start their own snowcat skiing operation which operates in a roadless area (oh yeah, they illegally cut hundreds of trees to open up snowcat....wait for it... ROADS!!! ...in the inventoried roadless area), in potential Lynx habitat, they burried 30,000 gallons of fuel next to the town's water-source river, and have submitted a plan to turn Irwin into Disney Land w/ boat houses, zip-lines & a roller coaster(damn near). All, after saying... that they believe that there is more value in leaving pristine areas un-developed by others.

This one-liner is a farce.
Udall is just repeating talking points from his donors.

/out.

MD.

Premium Features