• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help tune my piped viper

S
Oct 18, 2008
waterville wa
please help i just installed bender trples on my 03 mt. viper
need some clutch tips there setup wont work for me only hitting 8000rpm with benders spring and wieghts im thinkig the stock setup anybody been here?:face-icon-small-sad

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Take this with a grain of salt..

I never rans this set-up, but I found it in my old tuning notes. Give it a read hope it helps.

Benders Instructions call for 162.5 Mains, and 52.5 pilots @ sea level. I still have my instructions and they are in good shape. I will post them up later today for ya, (my girl has a scanner at work).

Benders instructions want you to cut big holes in the air box, and remove the internals. MPI who was a Bender rep at the time did not recomend any ari box mods. They do however stress the use of the "Bender opticool" head gasket. See Below:

MPI Jetting/Clutching @ 8000ft 10-30Deg F
MJ#1 - 143
MJ#2 - 143
MJ#3 - 145
Needles - Set @ 2 position
Pilots - 60's

Weights - 8DN-10
No inner rivits
2.4grams in outer hole
14.5mm rollers
yel/wht/yel or grn/wht/grn primary spring
helix 48-42 or 48-40 roller
green secondary spring
70 deg twist
20/40 gearing

Sean

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
I never rans this set-up, but I found it in my old tuning notes. Give it a read hope it helps.

Benders Instructions call for 162.5 Mains, and 52.5 pilots @ sea level. I still have my instructions and they are in good shape. I will post them up later today for ya, (my girl has a scanner at work).

Benders instructions want you to cut big holes in the air box, and remove the internals. MPI who was a Bender rep at the time did not recomend any ari box mods. They do however stress the use of the "Bender opticool" head gasket. See Below:

MPI Jetting/Clutching @ 8000ft 10-30Deg F
MJ#1 - 143
MJ#2 - 143
MJ#3 - 145
Needles - Set @ 2 position
Pilots - 60's

Weights - 8DN-10
No inner rivits
2.4grams in outer hole
14.5mm rollers
yel/wht/yel or grn/wht/grn primary spring
helix 48-42 or 48-40 roller
green secondary spring
70 deg twist
20/40 gearing

Sean

Fairly close to what I ran. I used the slp pipes on the viper and I would use a cat sec. spring. yellow or red set @0/1 or 0/2 Make sure to seal off the hood as the viper likes to ingest snow and bog. Plus makes sure you seal the pipes at all the fittings, otherwise your feeding your motor used up air, you will know if that is the problem if your sled runs WAY better without the hood, or it won't run with the hood on....been there done that...02

Premium Features