• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP! PCV map req'd for Bikeman 900 BB kit

J
HELP!! I need a PCV map that actually works for my 2014 M8000.
I've tried the map from the Bikeman site, ARCTIC CAT 2012 PROCROSS/PROCLIMB 800 WITH BMP 900 BIG BORE + FATT AZZ + Y-PIPE + 50MM THROTTLE BODIES
But its way over fueling.
There's another map, ARCTIC CAT 2010-11 CFR/M 800 WITH BMP 900 BIG BORE + FATT AZZ PIPE + Y-PIPE + 50MM THROTTLE BODIES that I haven't tried.
On the 2010-2011 map the fuel add percentages are WAY lower. I actually cant figure out why they'd even be different. A 2010 and 2014 motor are the same motor are they not? I'm worried about even trying this map as I don't want to lean this thing out and melt it down. (I have tried removing my PCV and running the sled for a few minutes, it rips, but it's running super lean)
I don't have an EGT or a AFR gauge so I cant determine if its running right except by feel and checking the plugs. (Which, on a proclimb is a HUGE pain in the ***)
I'm running the following kit, is there anyone else running the same with a map they can email me?
Here's the Bikeman kit I'm running:

- 900 Big Bore pistons and Jugs w/trail porting
- Bikeman head with low altitude inserts
- Y-pipe, Fatt-azz single pipe, powder lite can (all ceramic coated, idk if it make s a difference for the map required)
- Boyesson rage cages (M1000)
- 50mm Throttle bodies
- 2.5 degree advance timing key
- Torsional clutch kit 41/36 helix, Goldstar weights w/ 81 grams

Thanks everyone who read this.

J
You might have other issues. Are you sure the timing key is in the right way?

Im pretty sure the timing key is in right.
I did a little test and took the power commander out and just plugged the ecu in and she ran awesome, pulled insanely hard. But i only ran it for a minute as I didnt want to melt it down by running it too lean.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
In the same boat as I am flatlanding a prolite. Have you seen an octane code yet? I have the BDX PCV tune and it seems solid here in Michigan but it stumbles down low as its rich. Have the low elevation domes in also but my clutching/gearing is a mess for the flats. Sled is at almost 7000rpm at 40mph and I believe its kicking the octane code cause of the overrev. Can nail over 8500rpm if I wanted to but that's a guaranteed octane code will be thrown. Not sure how much weight is in the primary but I have 3 magnets in the tip 2 in the next hole then 1 in the next and looks to be 2 in the base. Pretty much threw in all the magnets that bdx gave me and can't get rpm down, think I'm fighting the spring.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
In the same boat as I am flatlanding a prolite. Have you seen an octane code yet? I have the BDX PCV tune and it seems solid here in Michigan but it stumbles down low as its rich. Have the low elevation domes in also but my clutching/gearing is a mess for the flats. Sled is at almost 7000rpm at 40mph and I believe its kicking the octane code cause of the overrev. Can nail over 8500rpm if I wanted to but that's a guaranteed octane code will be thrown. Not sure how much weight is in the primary but I have 3 magnets in the tip 2 in the next hole then 1 in the next and looks to be 2 in the base. Pretty much threw in all the magnets that bdx gave me and can't get rpm down, think I'm fighting the spring.

You need to change both clutches to run at 1000'. Lot's of weight and a faster shifting helix in the driven.

J
In the same boat as I am flatlanding a prolite. Have you seen an octane code yet?....

I haven't thrown an octane code yet. Im running shell 91 (0% ethanol)
My setup is over-revving too, right now anyway with 75 grams in the cam arms.
I spend the vast majority of my time riding between 3000-6000 feet, and thats where Im setting it up.

J
OK, so I got a new map from Bikeman.
This one is WAAAY leaner than either of the maps they have available for download on their site.
And as I said, I've been e-mailing back and forth with a few people who are having the exact same issue as me.
So while I'm in camp, I emailed the new map to a fellow in Washington to try out.
Here is his latest response....

"... loaded your map as map #2 (after installing the toggle switch). Then re-calibrated the TPS in the Dynojet program per instructions. The outcome... you'd better hold on. He said it was almost uncontrollable like a turbo with instant full boost. EGT's stayed around 1150. "

So I'm headed home tonight and tomorrow I'll be working on the sled. I'll post my results and a quick vid, if, I'm wheely-ing everywhere!
BRAAAP!

J
New PCV Map Results

Sooo....
She's running better, but she's not tuned yet. She's topping out at 8400 rpm but hitting a peak of 8250 at WOT on the trail.
The new map definitely made a huge difference but I had to drop a bunch of weight out of the primary as well. Bikeman had suggested 81g and I'm currently running 76.4g. I'll end up putting another weight back in today, probably in the 2nd spot from the heel to improve the backshift. (What a pain in the *** these Bikeman Goldstar weights are. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. But I'll write more on those later in a product review)
Now I have a major midrange bog. If I mash the throttle from a dead stop she wails, and, when you're running at a good clip and push the flipper to the bars she gets in to the powerband right away. But, if I'm putting around at low speed and give her some throttle she bogs right down. No good in the trees or through creek chutes.
I'm thinking that the secondary is shifting to a higher gear too quickly due to a spring pressure which is too light.
I'm going to try and clock the secondary spring in to the last position (currently the spring is clocked to the 5th spot of 6) but I've got a feeling that I'm going to need a stiffer secondary spring...

Jeva

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sooo....
She's running better, but she's not tuned yet. She's topping out at 8400 rpm but hitting a peak of 8250 at WOT on the trail.
The new map definitely made a huge difference but I had to drop a bunch of weight out of the primary as well. Bikeman had suggested 81g and I'm currently running 76.4g. I'll end up putting another weight back in today, probably in the 2nd spot from the heel to improve the backshift. (What a pain in the *** these Bikeman Goldstar weights are. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. But I'll write more on those later in a product review)
Now I have a major midrange bog. If I mash the throttle from a dead stop she wails, and, when you're running at a good clip and push the flipper to the bars she gets in to the powerband right away. But, if I'm putting around at low speed and give her some throttle she bogs right down. No good in the trees or through creek chutes.
I'm thinking that the secondary is shifting to a higher gear too quickly due to a spring pressure which is too light.
I'm going to try and clock the secondary spring in to the last position (currently the spring is clocked to the 5th spot of 6) but I've got a feeling that I'm going to need a stiffer secondary spring...

Kinda sounds like its not wanting to backshift. What helix do you have in there now and what helix are they sending you? Maybe try a shallower helix for faster backshift.

J
Kinda sounds like its not wanting to backshift. What helix do you have in there now and what helix are they sending you? Maybe try a shallower helix for faster backshift.

The helix that shipped with the kit is a 41/36 progressive. (No one is sending me any other helix)
I don't think its strictly a backshift issue, (But I don't know for sure) I think the secondary is shifting out too quickly dropping it in to too high a range too quickly. That being said, if I drop in a stiffer spring that is going to slow the upshift and improve the backshift speed at the same time.
It makes sense that when I'm at cruising speed and hit the throttle, it bogs down because the secondary is already open a bit and a little more load on the belt opens the secondary fully, dropping in to too high a gear and bogging the engine under the heavier load without the engine having the torque required to stay in the powerband.
Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Premium Features