• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Continuing our walk around of the trailer.

Shore Power connection to recharge the deep cycle batteries AND to power the overhead florescent lights.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, Summer has finally arrived and it's time to wash out the trailer for the first time!

qu9uhe9a.jpg

Over time the MUD and DEBRIS absolutely builds up on the floor.

5e9evuva.jpg

Brought in the hose and let it rip!
Applied a GENEROUS amount of water and just WASHED out pretty much everything on the floor.

uruje2u4.jpg

With LOTS of water and a broom started scrubbing the floor, and sure enough it cleaned right up with NO hassle at all!!
Was cool to see where the water was "leaking" out from the floor seems just as it was designed to.
Little bit here and a little bit there, but the floor is clearly designed to allow water to escape.
Hadn't really noticed this during the winter months when it was cold enough to freeze the water as it came out of the joints.

I really do love this trailer.

e6aguzyz.jpg

Last edited:

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Sure have a nice trailer! I just put my deposit on a 29' mission trailer and trying to figure out a few things. I am finishing the interior myself and was wondering how the exterior speakers are working? I haven't found any that say waterproof only water resistant. I also will have the batteries in the floor but wondering what battery charger u running and where did they install it?

Thanks Matt.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The outside speakers absolutely ROCK.
Can't tell you how much fun that makes the trailer in the Summer as well as the winter. Just install a good marine grade speaker and you should be fine.

As for the battery charger.
Don't know right off hand, that was a standard factory install.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Sure have a nice trailer! I just put my deposit on a 29' mission trailer and trying to figure out a few things. I am finishing the interior myself and was wondering how the exterior speakers are working? I haven't found any that say waterproof only water resistant. I also will have the batteries in the floor but wondering what battery charger u running and where did they install it?

Thanks Matt.

They want too much money for the battery charger option IMO. I got one of these guys:

http://www.adventurerv.net/powermax-amp-converter-power-max-pm355-p-28099.html

Better charger than the factory for 1/3-1/4th the price. Just got mine installed this week but it seems to work well. Camping the next two weekends so ill be getting more time on it and can give a better review.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, just how much stuff can you fit in this trailer??

Loaded up my trailer for 4 days of camping with 100 people on a church campout..
Food, tents, sleeping bags, and all personal gear.

u6y9a2ed.jpg

aru4u7a9.jpg

be5uqage.jpg

picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The next trailer adventure is coming up this weekend.
Might be the ultimate test.

Its time for SCOUT CAMP.

So the question is.

Can a Mirage Trailer SURVIVE the abuse that 18 screaming 12 year old Boy Scouts dish out to it for a full week in the woods..

Only time will tell...:face-icon-small-hap

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_4165.JPG

HomeHeader_10.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another month and more miles on the trailer.
Continue to be very impressed with this unit from Mirage.

So.
I got a note from Mirage Trailers the other day.
They want me to sell this trailer and allow them to build me a new 2015 model with a bunch of new upgrades/features in it.

Still chatting with them about that possibility.
If it pans out, I might be able to make someone here on snowest a great deal on a mostly brand new one of a kind trailer.

Will keep everyone informed just as soon as I find out myself.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I'm wondering what the upgrades would be that would entice you to buy a new trailer and sell your current trailer.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm wondering what the upgrades would be that would entice you to buy a new trailer and sell your current trailer.
Ahhh, SORRY.
Right now I have NO IDEA.
He hasn't told me or even offered me a hint.
I just got a very short 2 sentence note from Mirage.
Fired back and reply and have not heard back from him as yet.

Premium Features