• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help Debugging Electrical Problem

E
Jun 26, 2010
Hi all,

I have a 2012 proclimb 800 with almost 2k miles on it. The last couple times I rode the dash display would go out intermittently and the last time I rode it, the dash display didn't turn on until almost the end of the ride, but when it finally did turn on it seemed to work fine.

When I went to move it yesterday, dash display comes on but service wrench and reverse indicator is illuminated and shortly there after the display starts saying Temp, Oil, and ccu. No codes are showing in the dash.

Sled definitely has oil and last time I rode doubt it overheated as it was pow.

Looked at all the harness connections I could find and all looked good. Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Corrosion in the gauge. Rrmove the front cover and look for discoloration or white crust at the bottom of the circuit board.

You will need a new gauge if damage exists.

E
Jun 26, 2010
I'd say that's exactly what it was. Thanks for the suggestion!

I see you have some details about gauges in your signature, do you have a recommendation on what new one to get?

IMG_1808.jpg

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I'd say that's exactly what it was. Thanks for the suggestion!

I see you have some details about gauges in your signature, do you have a recommendation on what new one to get?

I would recommend the complete stock gauge replacement NS1 Gauge System that I sell:
http://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system

It has trail and street maps, aerial imagery, topographic maps, along with a 7" screen, data logging, is detachable from the sled, and is updated over WIFI.

I'd say it's like the Polaris gauge, but that's like saying a Tesla is like a 1982 Chevy Cavalier.

Premium Features