• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! 06 RMK 900

S
Nov 27, 2010
Idaho falls,IDAHO
Hey guys need some help, Started up sled ran great,idled it for a couple of minutes then it jus died. Got it started wont idle runs like crap almost like its missing,check engine light flashes 10 times. Also a bunch of oil comin out the exaust???

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Hey guys need some help, Started up sled ran great,idled it for a couple of minutes then it jus died. Got it started wont idle runs like crap almost like its missing,check engine light flashes 10 times. Also a bunch of oil comin out the exaust???

hey bud

take this info to the "polaris 900" section..theres ungodly amounts of info there for you and die hard 900 fans that will help you beyond what you need..

as for your problem.

did you do any motor work recently, or pull your motor?

the 10 flash code is a bad CPS (crank position sensor)..i attached the trouble code chart for the 06 900 (and 06 700) for you below.

looks like it could be your stator, bad connection, or bad ECU..

start with pulling your recoil and looking at the sensors there. there is 2 sensors just above the stator, and 1 of them is your CPS..

if everything looks ok there, pull your fuel tank and trace the harness from your stator and check connections, and look for a pin in the harness that could be pushed in not making a connection. also look for fraying at this point too...

i have had issues with the stator harness rubbing on the steering column and it wore thru the protective sheath and insulation and the wiring was arching on the sterring column when i turned (hint)..

also do an OHM check on your stator for correct resistance to confirm if thats the issue as well while your tank is off.

feel free to pm me for more help, but please keep this in the 900 section...we will blow your mind with info, lol..

good luck in your trouble shooting, it will be worth it!!!!!!!!!

06troublecodes.jpg

StatorReadings.jpg

StatorReadings3.jpg

StatorReadings2.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features