• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Headlight Delete on Nytro...

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Ok, here comes the start of the updates for the year...

First, Headlights...I chose to purchase the AirFrame Hood from Skinz...I wanted better cooling for the Intercooler, and to get rid of the headlight...Weight was a side issue, and this is a net decrease of about 2-3 lbs., but once again, the weight wasnt the biggest issue for me...

So, after removing the light...we are left with a frame and the stock mounting bolts for the OEM headlight...I made an Aluminum bracket to connect between the two OEM bolts...It is only about 3/4" tall, and the distance Center to Center on teh bolts is approximately 10.5"...

IMG_0250800x600.jpg

So, Mark the center between the bolts, and then measure Diameter of your lights...mine were 2.5" across, so I moved mounting location from center 2" so as there is a slight gap in between the lights... Drill a hole for the mounting of the PIAA light, and you will then need to adjust the light...

IMG_0249600x800.jpg

Yamaha has three wires on the back of the light...a ground, and then power for dim lights, and power for bright lights...Personally, I only hook up the dim lights...This allows me to turn the lights off if I want (rarely do) and when they are off, it shows me the bright lights warning light is on...

Here is a pic with the hood on...things are not tightened up, so things are a little canted etc. but you clearly get the idea...

IMG_0252600x800.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
nope, I pulled the mesh off, and riveted it onto frame...but you have to rivet it with the windshield too...on the last pic, you can see the red rivets poking their nasty little heads through...should have used small head rivets...then I mounted the velcro base to the bottom of the frame plate...so, technically, I installed it upside down...but I like the red showing on the frame :)

Premium Features