• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Headed to Whistler area in the A.M. Need riding area info

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Leaving WA State in the morning for Whistler area. Staying in Squamish I think since it is cheapest and riding from there. I think we will ride Brandywine one day but i have heard about Sprout also but I don't know how to get to Sprout?? We like steep trees, ravines, boondocking. Thinking it may be socked in with the weather so we probably won't go up into Pemberton or alpine areas but we are open for advice.

Just need some basic directions, advice, places to park, safe place to stay in Squamish or Pemberton, walking distance from Pub is a bonus! Probably staying away from village because we have a trailer and cant afford to stay out all night partying in the village.

Three guys on 12 PC8, 12 Pro, 12 Etec.

Any advice would be appreciateded and reciprocated if you ever want to ride in WA State.

Cheers!

Last edited:

spark'd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2011
surrey bc
Hey brandywine is good the the brandywine bowl is good lots of trees and steep hills chocolate bowl is fun its on the way up to the ice pack and grizzly lake they have a cat track up past chocolate bowl now to. stay out of sprout if the weathers bad a few peeps have had to spend the night due to bad weather . i would suggest trying to get up to rutherford its absolutly endless terrain bring extra fuel too . i would meet up with you guys if i could but i'll be in seattle. Have a good ride

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
Read the Avy report!!!

Avy rating is HIGH for both Friday and Saturday so pay attention to that for sure!
http://www.avalanche.ca/cac/bulletins/latest
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the-mountain/backcountry/avalanche-advisory.aspx

Stay in Squam, cheaper gas than Whis and cheaper stay over night. There's a few bigger legit hotels in Squam. One close to the Wal Mart/Home Depot(not a selling point but a land mark) and there's another one at the Cheveron turn off in Squam. Sorry don't know the names but I live here!! Ha

Brandywhine = +$20 per sled, mellow Safe parking, groomed regularly and easy variable terrain everyones happy!
Brohm Ridge = Tons of tree riding, Unsafe parking(multiple break-in's), groomed infrequently, close to Squamish, bring a guide
Tri coni = Nothing but trees, Good for Low visibility, parking in short supply, bring a guide!
Sproat = Super fun, bit of everything, parking is in short supply(most days I wouldn't bring a trailer), found my way around easy(some might say{bring a guide})

Hope that helps some
Safe riding

Last edited:
B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
What are the directions for brandywine from Vancouver? Going out easter weekend if i can get my sled down here from prince george....

Directions to Brandywine are easy. Hwy 99 north as though you were headed to Whistler, on the far end of Squamish which is 35 min's north of Vancouver. There's a Cheveron, stop in Squamish fuel up and head north, follow the signs you will see the sign for Brandywine about 30 min's north of Squamish, turn and follow the road in. It's as easy as that.

Last edited:

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
stay out of sprout if the weathers bad a few peeps have had to spend the night due to bad weather

Quite the experience we had. Regardless, riding at Sprout is great when the weather's good. Just make sure if you go there, you have someone with you that knows the area VERY well and you should have good GPS units you can use for back-tracking if the fog rolls in.

Premium Features