• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle bar risers

T
Feb 28, 2008
RSI is what I prefer. I wouldn't go anymore then 2" unless you want to extend cables. Not long ago when I purchased a set for mine they had them on sale for $29!! You need the 15* set back, it will tell you on website what fits what though.

C
Dec 24, 2014
I have a 2" Power Madd riser on my '14 and my buddy has a 3" on his '13 with no extensions needed for either. I am 6'3", he is an inch or two taller than me.

Last year I had a 1" on my '13 and I may go back to it. I do not think you need or want much riser on these unless you are really tall.

I think the '15 TD sleds had shorter bars, at least as an option. I suspect you could go 3 or 4 inches with the shorter bars.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
With my adjustable riser i can go from 1" lower than stock non TD bars (99% of the time) and 2.5" taller with a rider on front snowboard sledding.
I am 6'2"

No cable or brakeline issues.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I put the 3 in RSI riser with the 15 degree angle base on my sled recently and it works nice no cable extensions etc. that's about as far as you can go without it thought and for 29.00 it's pretty hard to beat

I'm 6'5" and that's about perfect for me

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
I have a 2" RSI riser for sale if anybody wants it...

I'm 6'3" and I have always had a riser on my sleds. I was on the fence about adding a riser and I really only wanted about an 1" of rise but I couldn't pass up the deal RSI had on the 2" angled risers. It was great for sit down trail riding since I have a WRP plus 2" seat but I hated how the sled felt off trail. To me it changed the balance of the sled, the bar position just wasn't right.

I could never relate to the guys on here and the "big names" who talked about lower bars until I tried raising the bars on my sled. I'm not sure I could ever go lower but I certainly didn't like higher....

C
Dec 24, 2014
I think you need to have just enough rise so that you are not hunching your back over or having to ride bent kneed to save your back. I haven't decided yet if I am going down to a 1" yet. Stock I know is too short, I tried. Then I did the same thing, bought a 2" because it was a good buy. I don't think it is enough to be a problem so, I will probably leave it.

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
Any idea what the difference in height is between a standard and pro? I have a standard and its identical to my old 12' Doo summit X, except the Doo used a bigger riser to achieve this.

I think I would like another 1" or 2" for mountain riding. For trails back home stock is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L
Jan 7, 2013
Casper Wyoming
Any idea what the difference in height is between a standard and pro? I have a standard and its identical to my old 12' Doo summit X, except the Doo used a bigger riser to achieve this.

I think I would like another 1" or 2" for mountain riding. For trails back home stock is perfect

Im in the same boat with the standard RMK, i just need about another inch to be comfortable. i have a 5 inch riser that was new for a older sled, everything fits like it should except the stock bolts. Im asuming the riser is SAE and the RMK bolts are metric. Im gonna get some SAE bolts and try it this weekend. with everything sitting not bolted down it seems that the cables are all gonna be long enough .

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
What have people found comfortable for angle? I thought a lot of people liked them leaning forewords slightly but a buddy has his back and swears by it. Says less fatigue that way. Havnt had a chance to try his yet

Premium Features