• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guidoxpress 05 RMK 900 Build!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Keep up the good work and you might actually be ready this winter when the snow gets here. :face-icon-small-sho

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I think you need riding lessons before a turbo!:face-icon-small-hap

Nah...i can handle it just fine...if you aint wrecking, you aint riding...or at least thats what i say ;)

Now that your done coating all that stock suspension stuff red, do you want to coat my red Timbersled black for my T975?

Um...NO...no time, plus i hate you..so that doesnt help ;)

I will need some unobtainium to make Sean proof bumper :face-icon-small-coo

Im in....ill take 37 of them for next season, lol.

p.s. Kreg...member the emails on what we talked about...send'em when you can!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
got the skid installed and ready to rock...

2011-08-22_14-33-29_486.jpg

i also finally got around to using a custom front cooler from VE that i got a while back, was gonna use it on the 06 900 with the VE tunnel, but since i have a giant double pass u-cooler i thought it would serve a better purpose on this sled with the stock rear cooler...should be a HUGE improvement over stock..

2011-08-22_12-09-26_555.jpg

just need to get the weisco pistons coated with the dome/skirt coating from swains tech coatings for the big bore to help with the exspanding of the pistons and better overall perf...drop in the motor and i am ready to rock this babay...FINALLY...again, lol.

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
Red...it's like pink, but not quite! O.K. maybe that's backwards but it's looking good! Speaking of shiny new pistons, the thought of installing those clips makes beads of sweat appear above my eyebrow. Seriously, in the history of pistons, is there no better way to contain a wristpin? I know there's some fancy tool out there to help but really, cannot an inside snap ring be invented, with witch a snap ring pliers could be used? It's like the fear of scratching a new piston with small screwdriver/pick is somehow mandatory! I'm done venting..track side down-more or less!

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
But then what would they do with all the wrist pin pullers? Ha! Wristpin bores are supposed to be mauled by pointy instruments and blunt brains, hey this is right up my alley!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I just got my 975 Big Bore pistons back from swains tech coatings and had them do their TBC (dome) coating and PC-9 (skirt) coating done to them.

Here is a description directly from their website (http://www.swaintech.com/store.asp?pid=10963)

TBC™ Ceramic Thermal Barrier:
For most naturally aspirated and mild boost motors TBC™ is our tried and true ceramic thermal barrier coating. Swain’s TBC™ has come a long way since it started the internal engine coating revolution back in the 1970’s. Now in its 5th generation of development, Swain’s TBC™ uses Swain’s exclusive “Smart Coat” technology which allows the ceramic to expand at the same rate as the piston. TBC™ coated pistons run cooler and retain much more of their tensile strength. TBC™ protects against high temperature oxidation, eliminates hot spots, and encourages proper flame travel. The ceramic also spreads the heat evenly over the entire coated surface reducing detonation, pre-ignition and allowing the use of lower octane fuel. Less heat is conducted through the wrist pins and rods keeping the crank, bearings, oil and entire bottom end cooler.

PC-9™ Solid Film Lubricant:
In addition to power being lost through heat, power is also lost due to excessive friction. Poly Moly™ has an extremely low coefficient of friction, reduces scuffing caused by piston movement and provides back-up lubrication if your primary lubrication fails or has gone beyond its load limits.

Unlike the simple “break in” skirt coatings that are now being offered
by piston manufacturers and OEM’s, Poly Moly™ is designed to be a permanent solid film lubricant coating.

PC-9™ is Swain Tech Coatings' latest generation of piston skirt coating. PC-9™ has the same low friction properties of Poly Moly™, but PC-9™ is even tougher.

As part of Swain Tech Coatings' continued commitment to product development, PC-9™ has been engineered to meet the demands of today’s high revving, short piston skirt, and long rod motors. PC-9 works well with nickasil, chrome or iron cylinder bores.

they look brandnew, they had roughly 200 miles on them prior to sending them in.

cost for both coatings PER pistons was ~$38 total, plus shipping ($14).

2011-09-17_07-58-25_901.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Finally got my stuff from powder coating this weekend.

fully assembled, just waiting on clutch springs and a few tiny things and i am ready to pound snow.

but first let me tell you what...this 975 big bore is NOOOO joke...i am 233lbs, and fairly built and this thing was a BEAST to pull over and it was 60 degrees in my garage...HAHA..OMG..im dreading the cold days of starting this already, haha.

IMG_20111205_160133.jpg

IMG_20111205_160225.jpg

IMG_20111205_160304.jpg

IMG_20111205_160324.jpg

IMG_20111205_160443.jpg

IMG_20111205_160405.jpg

IMG_20111205_213011.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
few things to add also.

1. i have some sweet 9" MMP wheels for it, that used to be on this sled, but i got a steal on this timbersled skid ($379) ;) and had the Ice Age rails on it, with the wheels. so i just went back to stock rails cause the timbersled skid wont mount to standard ice age rails, and didnt want to buy another set of Ice Age cut Timbersled rails ($350 my price) so it was easiet...

so i am looking for an offset axle to use the 9" wheels if anyone has one for sale.

2. i am running 70% Avgas 100LL with 30% 91 pump fuel...until the motor is broke in and i know its good to start trying lower mixtures...ill go to 60/40, 50/50...but hoping to 40/60 as final rate...so will see what happens

3. the rear bumper is custom made by a friend...PM if your intested and i can set you up ;)

have the Holz gas rack, with the Tru-Adventure Geat bag, i bought from a guy who passed away in Iraq (which i have been there 3x myself) so i am extremely proud of this bag, and will be put to good use...R.I.P!! Sled on my friend..

4. installed the Trail tank using the 08-current dragon fuel pump, was actually very easy to install with little hicup, but making fuel lines for it sucked, but is easy for anyone who works on 900s. lol. running the fuel gauge to monitor pressure since i wasnt sure about the different setup.works great!!!! will only fill around 10 gallons to ride on average...

N

NewfieBullet1973

Dec 20, 2007
hey glad to see someone in the states is still spending money - lol. sled looks awesome - can't wait for some real ride updates. not around this part lately still keeping the ole 755 - but snow checked a 800 switchback assault and trying to get that setup (so picking the brains of the pro guys). I'll let you know how that goes. all the best!!!!!

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Sean- Are you ready for your annual riding lessons yet? just kidding, we need some snow, and I need an Intercooler STILL, wtf?!

Been riding the hell out of the bikes though, plenty of snow to have fun on those for now.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean- Are you ready for your annual riding lessons yet? just kidding, we need some snow, and I need an Intercooler STILL, wtf?!

Been riding the hell out of the bikes though, plenty of snow to have fun on those for now.

haha. by riding lessons you mean demolishing derby? HAHA. then yes, yes i am.

waiting on clutch springs from SLP now, then install clutch, few more heat cycles, wash belts and slowly break in the motor...and im IN!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
haha. by riding lessons you mean demolishing derby? HAHA. then yes, yes i am.

waiting on clutch springs from SLP now, then install clutch, few more heat cycles, wash belts and slowly break in the motor...and im IN!!

belt washing :der:and brake in are a wast of time. if you want to help give the trees some warning you are coming. :face-icon-small-sho

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
belt washing :der:and brake in are a wast of time. if you want to help give the trees some warning you are coming. :face-icon-small-sho

Are you running 080 or 1111 belts Sean? if not, just in case you didn't know, the 1115 belt is machined surface, washing it doesn't do anything.

Premium Features