• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gould info?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
One of our group would like to check out the Gould area.
Any recommendations, good or bad?
Would likely stay in Walden.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
I don’t think Gould burned but I don’t know for sure. The troublesome fire only went to the top of willow creek pass. I was in jack park on bikes this summer that wasn’t burnt. I don’t know that area on sleds but it looked like fun terrain on bikes. I definitely would recommend Buffalo pass if your in that area. Grand lake used to be my favorite spot but the burn turned riding there to a select 2-3 days the snow let’s you get off the trail. The black dust mixes in the different layers and melts snow snow quick. I’ve ridden the last five years from oct 31- mid April but last year was just sad. Good luck in Gould!

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
That part of North Park didn't burn. Not familiar with it, but much of it is is Colorado State Forest with its own rules, generallymore restrictive than USFS. That said, I know people that like the area. Use the internet and also call the state forest office. May be lodging at Gould, but there certainly is at Walden. If you stay in Walden, the trailer southwest to Buff Pass and southeast to the Gould area should be close.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That part of North Park didn't burn. Not familiar with it, but much of it is is Colorado State Forest with its own rules, generallymore restrictive than USFS. That said, I know people that like the area. Use the internet and also call the state forest office. May be lodging at Gould, but there certainly is at Walden. If you stay in Walden, the trailer southwest to Buff Pass and southeast to the Gould area should be close.
That's the plan.
Staying in Walden affords us options. Heck, even RE isn't that far.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Lots of straight up and down. Every time we rode here we seen slides haven’t been there in 15 years.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Check with the local club. They used to publish a trail map. North Park Snow Snakes I believe.

Premium Features