• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Go Pro Mounting Locations

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
I bought my first GoPro this summer and I'm pumped to use it this upcoming season. Other then the usual on helmet mount, where are some other good locations to mount them to get some cool footage?

dboe03

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
I used the chest strap last winter. Seemed like a decent view, but what was really nice was easy on off, could see if it was still on, and by being close to my body the battery last A LONG time. On the helmet (my buddy) would have to go through like 3 batteries in a day. I used one for the whole day and recorded a lot. I'm going to try finding one to do a reverse shot this year. (attached on the front, recording the ride)

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
The chest option is great. For me it got kinda stale seeing the same view for 3+ mins in a video part.
This year i'm gonna try and do some change ups, gonna invest in a ram mount set up, Helmet mount and some sort of Tri/mono pod to set up stand alone then ride by.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I have been playing with some of the RAM mounts lately and they really work nice. Kind of pricey but I get use out of them for a bunch of things so I can spread the cost out.

http://www.rammount.com/products/camera/gopro_purchase

I have found that the tough claw's really hold solid and works great for a bunch of sled mounted options for some unique angles / views. Now I just need to edit some footage. LOL

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
I used my chest mount last year and when tree riding all I saw in the video was my sled! Ducking, leaning, side hilling points my chest down. The best videos I have came from either helmet mounted or sled mounted. But I always make sure to have 3-4 options available for what may be best for the particular day.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Use multiple locations, front of sled, rear of sled, helmet, chest....and so on anything you can to to break up the stailness on a single pov when editing.

Go to the electronics posts and scroll down til you see the post... Slick GoPro mounting. Great POV! I had a plate made for the front of my helmet. Easy to turn on and you can hear the beeps. Nothing is in the way and the view is awesome!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I used my chest mount last year and when tree riding all I saw in the video was my sled! Ducking, leaning, side hilling points my chest down. The best videos I have came from either helmet mounted or sled mounted. But I always make sure to have 3-4 options available for what may be best for the particular day.
You make a good point by having several options. We also have a hood mount so the camera can face the rider and also face forward. Forward is nice because all you see is where you are going. You don't see you or your sled. $.02

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
I made a mount that goes over the front vent in front of your mouth and it is just low enough so it is out of your view while riding.. it is perfect, in the videos it is the same view as if you were out riding.

Premium Features