• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting Ready For The 2010-2011 Season

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Anybody else getting their sleds ready for this winter?

I'm installing all new adjustable shocks, new torsion springs, overhauling the clutches, new fuel filter and lubing everything up. I'm also considering a PC V. Cheaper to do a little upgrading and maintenance then replacing the sled this season.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Anybody else getting their sleds ready for this winter?

I'm installing all new adjustable shocks, new torsion springs, overhauling the clutches, new fuel filter and lubing everything up. I'm also considering a PC V. Cheaper to do a little upgrading and maintenance then replacing the sled this season.

time to replace at least the driveshaft bearing under the speedo adapter if it hasnt been changed yet...:face-icon-small-hap..was hoping to be knee deep in mine..but house hunting kind of interupted my plans...oh well...

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I had the stock pipe ceramic coated and some clutch work. I plan to re-work the stock handlebar set up and work on a new rear skid set up.

Jason

G

green_denali

Dec 14, 2009
Anchorage, AK
2011 season

I installed the Holz Alpha-X rear skid in my sled & Holz spindles, and also polished it up using Dunatics polishing kit, now it looks REAL NICE. Clutching wise, The only thing left to order are the 68 gram MTX weights, and order Carls Fox shock valving.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I installed the Holz Alpha-X rear skid in my sled & Holz spindles, and also polished it up using Dunatics polishing kit, now it looks REAL NICE. Clutching wise, The only thing left to order are the 68 gram MTX weights, and order Carls Fox shock valving.

Post some pics!!!

H
Dec 3, 2007
Washington
It's been a while seen I've been here. All I have done is removed my front bumber. Hoping to clean the clutches on the rest of the sleds real soon. How has everybody been this summer?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Looking good denali, let me know how you like the Alpha-x once the snow hits.

MORSNO- I have pc 5's in stock as well :D

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Sounds good, I always try to support our locals. Do you have a good map for my 07 700 with a SLP pipe and can?

Thank you, we try to support our riders as well. I need to get a few maps on Monday, I will get a separate map for your setup also. I have been doing the Power Addiction cylinder heads on the 700's a lot as well and they work very good at our elevation, if you are looking for a little more power, consider that as well.

I Pm'ed you with some prices.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I went up to Eureka yesterday to ride wheelers, saw some fresh white stuff on the mountains. We'll be riding soon if all this rain turns into snow!!!

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
Thank you, we try to support our riders as well. I need to get a few maps on Monday, I will get a separate map for your setup also. I have been doing the Power Addiction cylinder heads on the 700's a lot as well and they work very good at our elevation, if you are looking for a little more power, consider that as well.

I Pm'ed you with some prices.

I got that iq ready to go. I ended up putting a non ves 700 in it because when I tore into my 800 motor it had some scores so im sending it off to get re-nikasiled. I just need some air pods. I was wondering if you can order some for me? and maybe a few other things. im going to go through the sled tomorrow and get a list of the things i need and want haha. I wont be able to pick the stuff up until im back from my hitch though.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I got that iq ready to go. I ended up putting a non ves 700 in it because when I tore into my 800 motor it had some scores so im sending it off to get re-nikasiled. I just need some air pods. I was wondering if you can order some for me? and maybe a few other things. im going to go through the sled tomorrow and get a list of the things i need and want haha. I wont be able to pick the stuff up until im back from my hitch though.

Yes I can just call or email me.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Got my sled about ready for this season.

1. Replaced rear torsion springs with .375/47 and new load adjustment nuts.
2. Rebuilt both clutches with new springs, weights, bushings, buttons, Delrin washers, set alignment and deflection.
3. Replaced fuel filter.
4. Lubed jack shaft and suspension.
5. TPS base line and idle voltage set.
6. Checked throttle boots for rubber breakdown/holes.
7. Installed Tri-City Performance Walker Evans Needles with 16 position adjustable remote reservoir and dual rate springs on the front.
8. Installed Tri-City Performance Walker Evans front track shock with dual rate spring.
9. Installed Tri-City Performance Walker Evans rear track shock with 16 position adjustable remote reservoir.
10. Finally installed an OEM tether switch.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Polished my track, rotated my head lights, changed the clutch fluid, timed the Brake Light, and re-braided my throttle cable, calibrated the hand warmers and ported my carbides ...all ready to ride here!:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features