• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gettin the grunt back

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've got a 2016 LTD that's due for some clutch love. Riding the ascenders it's pretty apparent the clutching gets the torque down early.

Upgrading to a roller clutch is expensive so what else is out there? That c-tech (in theory and dynos) shouldn't be any stronger so I'm assuming it's the delivery that's so efficient.

Whatcha got?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I think part of it is the crisp (lean?) fuel delivery on the new sled. and they have the v-force style reed and larger TBs also.
I would make sure what ya got is all 100% - bushings, rollers, belt, sheeves clean, etc. and then look and see what minor tweaks were made in 17. there was at least one tweak to the primary. I can tell a difference EVERY time I wait too long to clean my sheeves. grabs the belt better off the line, flat rips up top:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Ctec is supposed to have more low end torque than the Suzuki. Had a good working setup on my 2014 big bore and don't feel I gained any more snap off the bottom switching to 2018 primary with MDS weights and tied secondary. Smoother engagement and better backshift with that combo - yes.

How many miles do you have on it? Maybe due for some new reeds too.

R
Feb 26, 2008
Ive installed the new clutch on several 600 and 800s. It seriously makes them run so much better its crazy

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
at that mileage take a look at the reeds you can loose some bottom end from them and the throttle gets a bit slow at lower rpm

Premium Features