• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen5 Track Rods Breaking & becoming a FLEX EDGE again??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yeah not impressed. So far in 1500km I’ve had my break reservoir leak, 3 reed pedals break and take out an injector, broken track rods, track ratchets way to much even tighter than spec, chain case tighten every 2-3 rides (changed the oil and the worst chain case oil I’ve seen), coolant line from bottle is rubbing bad, first belt done at 950km, second belt exploded after 400km. I clean my clutches often and check deflection. So far my Gen4 turbo has been a more reliable sled.
DAMN SON!
You are not off to a good start are you.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I’d expect some first year problems but it’s getting a little much lol. So much so I’m struggling to trust my sleds reliability. Not a good feeling riding in remote access areas.
I hear ya.
That is never a good feeling when you are traveling into the back country.
I remember the 3 Gen 4 sleds I bought back in 2016.
BRP had a few issues that needed to be resolved.
2017 was better and by the fall of 2018 the then new 2019 models were fully resolved and really had no issues left to speak of.
But none of them ever left me wondering if I was going to get back or not.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I may have to keep my 22 Expert turbo. It runs great and already has the C-motion, and a post forward kit in it. I could stick my money into shocks and maptunes. Redo the clutches and chain/sprockets. Will have 1,600 miles on it by season end.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My 19 Polaris was thrashed in 1200 miles… NA 850. I’m thinking these boosters are gonna be shot in far less than that, its hard to not be on the pipe ALL the time. My turbo r was fully broken in in 165 miles… is that a new record? ?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I may have to keep my 22 Expert turbo. It runs great and already has the C-motion, and a post forward kit in it. I could stick my money into shocks and maptunes. Redo the clutches and chain/sprockets. Will have 1,600 miles on it by season end.
I still LOVE riding both of mine!

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I rented a G5 turbo last week for 4 days. The sled only had 300 miles on it when I picked it up and I put 200 on it. Before the 2nd day I noticed 3 broken rods in a row, 1 with the lug delaminating. I don't think I did it because I was pretty easy on it the first day. The track also had a pretty severe vibration at all speeds. The chain was tight, I thought the track was loose, but the vibration only got worse when I tightened it more. I think something was bent causing the inside drive nubs to rub on either the upper or rear idlers, no matter how I tried to adjust it. Besides being worried the track was going to explode the entire time, the rest of the sled was amazing!

Premium Features