• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen5 Track Rods Breaking & becoming a FLEX EDGE again??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Was watching my morning video feed while exercising and came across this interesting little tidbit.

Skip ahead to MINUTE 8:00

Has anyone else been Seeing/Hearing this on their sled?

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
I noticed that while watching that video yesterday. Maybe it's the new hybrid flex edge because they aren't broke where there's no lug lol. Partial flex? Mini flex? Skidoo will market it as an advantage

K
700 plus miles ZERO ISSUES, if any kind. Completely flawless.

Other than perma grin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, Just checked mine with 800km and rods are solid. The only issue iv had so far and it's minor is an exhaust spring broke from pipe to turbo and dealer gave me a few.

Also had the Chain case apart recently to do TKI retainer and everything was good there too.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
you obviously aren't riding hard enough !!

Well not sure how much harder a person can ride it. Throttle is mashed to the bar pretty much all day. Come back with the gas light on virtually every ride…. I guess I’ll need to try harder, hahaha

On a side note, I rode a buddy’s boost for 2 hours a couple weeks ago, and ran out 10 gallons of gas. He made it back, fueled it up and it took 10.5 gallons.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I was hoping that NO ONE was going to say that
Yeah not impressed. So far in 1500km I’ve had my break reservoir leak, 3 reed pedals break and take out an injector, broken track rods, track ratchets way to much even tighter than spec, chain case tighten every 2-3 rides (changed the oil and the worst chain case oil I’ve seen), coolant line from bottle is rubbing bad, first belt done at 950km, second belt exploded after 400km. I clean my clutches often and check deflection. So far my Gen4 turbo has been a more reliable sled. 6C1E83EF-917F-4A6F-8B32-C507664ACD74.jpeg

M

motoracer5

Nov 2, 2008
Had the rods break on my last two Polaris tracks, a 3" and a 2.6. Sadly once it starts it just gets worse. Tighten track because it is ratcheting more, but just break more rods at the rear wheels. My 3" Poo was so bad you couldn't get proper track tension, the wheels would just stretch though the track when tightened. 4 wheel kit and good drivers. Maybe just wheel kit if the track doesn't have broken rods yet

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Every G5 owner is currently running out to the garage, checking for broken rods.

And then panic calling their dealer. Haha

snowpatrol

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup WA.
Well not sure how much harder a person can ride it. Throttle is mashed to the bar pretty much all day. Come back with the gas light on virtually every ride…. I guess I’ll need to try harder, hahaha

On a side note, I rode a buddy’s boost for 2 hours a couple weeks ago, and ran out 10 gallons of gas. He made it back, fueled it up and it took 10.5 gallons.

just funnin you d.r. i know you ride hard !!

Premium Features