• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen 5: clutch side vent lip snaging

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Why do the clutches need so much venting in the first place? Totally understand something went wrong in Gen4 but I'd expect them to remedy it for the next gen.

I guess my question is it 'what makes Doo clutches different from Polaris and Cat in order to dictate more venting?"

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Why do the clutches need so much venting in the first place? Totally understand something went wrong in Gen4 but I'd expect them to remedy it for the next gen.

I guess my question is it 'what makes Doo clutches different from Polaris and Cat in order to dictate more venting?"
Maybe you are aware, but the G5 clutches are separated from the motor by a divider, and then are designed to pull cold air in one vent and blow warm air out another. It make sense to me to take engine air temp out of the equation and pull cold air across the clutches all day.

M
Jan 26, 2013
What is preventing anyone from just filling the seam with j.b. or similar product and sanding it down smooth so there isn't a lip. The fabric would still have the frame to attach new skin to if it became necessary. Wouldn't actually be irreversible either.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
w
What is preventing anyone from just filling the seam with j.b. or similar product and sanding it down smooth so there isn't a lip. The fabric would still have the frame to attach new skin to if it became necessary. Wouldn't actually be irreversible either.
that's a good idea although i think i'd use some 3M black marine silicone adhesive to fill that seam in plus it flexes. i don't know how well jb would stick to the plastic but maybe it's not an issue.

M
Jan 26, 2013
w

that's a good idea although i think i'd use some 3M black marine silicone adhesive to fill that seam in plus it flexes. i don't know how well jb would stick to the plastic but maybe it's not an issue.
I agree, I honestly thought of silicone first but feared if I could cut it with a knife, a tree may also be able to. My thoughts are just to smooth the surface prevent the snagging. Enjoy your season sir.

Premium Features