• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blown 850 value?

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I've got a '17 summit 850 SP 154x2.5 with 2600 miles. It has been a great sled up until this year. First ride out, scorched a piston and cylinder. Talking with SHR we thought it was bad engine harness causing injector to not work right. Crank checked out, reman cylinder, new pistons & gaskets, new engine harness. Ran great for about 5 miles and burnt down the same way so obviously I didn't find the cause of the first burndown. When I rebuilt the engine I went through everything, shocks, clutches, spark plugs, fuel filter, cleaned it almost as good as new. It's got scuffs and zip ties holding side panel cracks together... typical tree riding damage.
I am in no mood to try to rebuild it again so I'm considering cutting my losses. What's everyone's opinions on what's it's worth as is? I was thinking around $4k?

18058065_10102372396769945_6408116728211225552_n.jpg

Last edited:
M
Dec 17, 2020
I've got a '17 summit 850 SP 154x2.5 with 2600 miles. It has been a great sled up until this year. First ride out, scorched a piston and cylinder. Talking with SHR we thought it was bad engine harness causing injector to not work right. Crank checked out, reman cylinder, new pistons & gaskets, new engine harness. Ran great for about 5 miles and burnt down the same way so obviously I didn't find the cause of the first burndown. When I rebuilt the engine I went through everything, shocks, clutches, spark plugs, fuel filter, cleaned it almost as good as new. It's got scuffs and zip ties holding side panel cracks together... typical tree riding damage.
I am in no mood to try to rebuild it again so I'm considering cutting my losses. What's everyone's opinions on what's it's worth as is? I was thinking around $4k?

4K is fair. could probably get a little more to the right person. I’d be interested at that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Doo these motors have an exhaust sensor on each individual cyl, or as a complete motor?

It sorta sounds like it could be an exhaust sensor (of whatever sort) that is reading overly cold or rich?
Resulting in it telling the injector to squirt less?

Premium Features