• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gates belts?

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Blew a belt last trip out , have a gates belt I picked up and was going to try. Any one ran one on there 800? mine has a stage 4 slp kit so running a little more hp then stock.

Thanks Darren

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
I ran them on my turbo the last two seasons and never blew a belt. Make sure that you don’t put them in the stock Polaris belt holder, as they are very sensitive to being bent. You’ll also want to reshim to get the proper belt to sheave clearance.

MTNRCR

Lifetime Membership
Darren that's all we run. Have to have proper clutch alignment with TRS tool otherwise will break carbon cords. These belts don't like side bending from misaligned clutch's. Get great life out of them! Also very important to break them in with a couple heat cycles to activate the adhesive. Break them in on trail. Ride sled for awhile to get some heat in belt, cool it, ride it again to get it up to temp cool again. Now it is ready to hit the deep pow. If procedure isn't followed it wont live.

Last edited:
Premium Features