• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

garage floor coating?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I’ll be starting a garage build here very soon and starting to consider what I should coat the floor with before I start moving in equipment and cars. What’s your experience and suggestions for products and techniques? Epoxy? Something else? I’m going to use a very light color for light reflection properties. Thanks for any tips!

I’ll be starting a garage build here very soon and starting to consider what I should coat the floor with before I start moving in equipment and cars. What’s your experience and suggestions for products and techniques? Epoxy? Something else? I’m going to use a very light color for light reflection properties. Thanks for any tips!
Our floor was acid washed, then painted with a grey Epoxy, then coated in multicolor flakes, dusted in Sand, then covered in a UV resistant Clear Coat.

It was a terrific coating, loved it alot.
But it would NEVER STAND UP to Sled Carbines!!

So plan on using WHEELS to move the sleds, and then some manner of PAD under the carbines while its stationary or being worked on.

Our floor was acid washed, then painted with a grey Epoxy, then coated in multicolor flakes, dusted in Sand, then covered in a UV resistant Clear Coat.

It was a terrific coating, loved it alot.
But it would NEVER STAND UP to Sled Carbines!!

So plan on using WHEELS to move the sleds, and then some manner of PAD under the carbines while its stationary or being worked on. Our floor was acid washed, then painted with a grey Epoxy, then coated in multicolor flakes, dusted in Sand, then covered in a UV resistant Clear Coat. It was a terrific coating, loved it alot. But it would NEVER STAND UP to Sled Carbines!! So plan on using WHEELS to move the sleds, and then some manner of PAD under the carbines while its stationary or being worked on. Our floor was acid washed, then painted with a grey Epoxy, then coated in multicolor flakes, dusted in Sand, then covered in a UV resistant Clear Coat. It was a terrific coating, loved it alot. But it would NEVER STAND UP to Sled Carbines!! So plan on using WHEELS to move the sleds, and then some manner of PAD under the carbines while its stationary or being worked on. tile removal arkansas
thank you so much for your suggestion

Premium Features