• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 LH Throttle?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Has anyone done the engineering work on this yet?
Or maybe the tech from a previous model works?

I'm just being lazy and want to see what others have done first.

I really miss mine when I get down in some jackpot spot!
Spent a half hour of fighting a LH sweep last weekend that I should have been able to doo in 10 seconds on my old sled.

BTW - I'm not interested in some Goldfinger cross-over cable.
Those could be a liability when pushing through the trees and brush IMO.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
I am using the one from my 2005 rev on my 2018 summit. I had to add rubber in the mount to make work on the G4 handle bars

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Practice more, you do not need it, same as a mtn bar. The G4 is one of the easiest sleds to toss around. Almost too easy.
Kick your leg out, get the sled up on its edge, only way to learn is getting out of your comfort zone.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Yes, I understand.
I can ride a sled.
In bigger areas and decent conditions that is great, but in tighter situations - not so much.
I ride a lot in Ontario, and it's actually more challenging than the Rockies.

But I did expect the "You need to learn to ride" comments.
The 3" track is as much a crutch as anything else.
Not lookin' to give that up either.

Last edited:
C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Yes, I understand.
I can ride a sled.
In bigger areas and decent conditions that is great, but in tighter situations - not so much.
I ride a lot in Ontario, and it's actually more challenging than the Rockies.

But I did expect the "You need to learn to ride" comments.
The 3" track is as much a crutch as anything else.
Not lookin' to give that up either.

Ontario more challenging than the rockies??? Come ride with is in the trees than.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I wasn't going to do this because it isn't what you were asking but since your next post here it goes. You have to want to learn and be better. It has nothing to do with tighter trees at all. It boils down to anytime you think you are to smart to learn something it is over. You will never get any better. My all time favorite is I've been doing this for 40 years. Doesn't matter how long if it is wrong or there is a better way. If you can't get it up you need to roll it down and then bring it back. If you can't then you dropped the ball and broke my number 1 rule of not losing your front end downhill. It happens. I did it the other week and had to go to plan b. I've argued for years over mountain bars and left hand throttles. Before people were even talking about it. You can't convince them. You have to show them. Same with the xp not hanging in the trees. Say that and the fight was on but take them somewhere with some consequences and they were crying the blues. Then they would just shut up and say i can't do that. If you are happy with your left hand throttle then great. If you want to broaden your horizons and open up a whole new world then great. It's all about what you want.

Premium Features