• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI - New 7S software up on Ridecommand site.

M
Dec 4, 2010
From Ridecommand site:

New Features Include​

• Group Ride Hand Controls - You are now able to navigate through the Group Ride and Group Ride Messaging screens with the focus ring using either the Left Hand Control
  • Hybrid Group Ride Messaging - use your phone tether internet connection to send messages to V2V (display) and cell (mobile) group participants.
  • Group Ride - general functionality and performance improvements.
  • Public and Private Land Areas - use your phone tether internet connection and toggle on public and private land identification on the map.
  • Smart Warmer Press n' Hold Temperature Adjustment - You can now simply press and hold the temperature setpoint button to adjust each individual smart warmer temperature setpoint.
  • Many other updates and bug fixes. Enjoy! We will keep working to make your ride even better!

Current Update​

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hope those were some of the "Software Updates" that TrailTech told me were coming out in April on the Voyager Pro GPS unit..

T
Jan 23, 2013
South Lake Tahoe
From Ridecommand site:

New Features Include​

• Group Ride Hand Controls - You are now able to navigate through the Group Ride and Group Ride Messaging screenwith the focus ring using either the Left Hand Control
  • Hybrid Group Ride Messaging - use your phone tether internet connection to send messages to V2V (display) and cell (mobile) group participants.
  • Group Ride - general functionality and performance improvements.
  • Public and Private Land Areas - use your phone tether internet connection and toggle on public and private land identification on the map.
  • Smart Warmer Press n' Hold Temperature Adjustment - You can now simply press and hold the temperature setpoint button to adjust each individual smart warmer temperature setpoint.
  • Many other updates and bug fixes. Enjoy! We will keep working to make your ride even better!

Current Update​

S

sledder51

Feb 26, 2023
Idaho
I'm unable to download the new update into the 7s. I downloaded the update from the Polaris ridecommand website onto a new Sandisk 32GB thumb drive. It's formatted FAT32 as they recommended. When I turn on the 7s and go thru the steps; tap Polaris button>all settings>General>Update Software, then plug in the USB drive, nothing happens. I tried plugging in the USB first, then going thru the steps and still nothing happens on the screen. The USB drive light is also not illuminating as if the USB plug is not working or it's not recognizing the drive.
Anyone else having these issues?

Last edited:
M
Dec 4, 2010
Are you able to access maps or anything on the USB stick? I suspect the USB connection between the cable you plug the stick into, and the 7S display

T
Jan 23, 2013
South Lake Tahoe
I'm unable to download the new update into the 7s. I downloaded the update from the Polaris ridecommand website onto a new Sandisk 32GB thumb drive. It's formatted FAT32 as they recommended. When I turn on the 7s and go thru the steps; tap Polaris button>all settings>General>Update Software, then plug in the USB drive, nothing happens. I tried plugging in the USB first, then going thru the steps and still nothing happens on the screen. The USB drive light is also not illuminating as if the USB plug is not working or it's not recognizing the drive.
Anyone else having these issues?
This happened on one of ours. The usb cable disconnected from the back of the 7s. try removing the rear cover and checking the plug connection.

S

sledder51

Feb 26, 2023
Idaho
This happened on one of ours. The usb cable disconnected from the back of the 7s. try removing the rear cover and checking the plug connection.
Bingo! Thank you sir, that was the problem. The plastic tab that locks the plug in place on the back of the 7s needed to be bent out to engage. Plugged the drive into the USB and the new update appeared on the screen, downloaded no problem.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
I updated my 7s to this new Software Update. It said it was successful and shows the latest update on the dash (SNS7BA.N322306B). The only thing that I really cared about with this update was the "Smart Warmer" setting. However, when I start my sled it still doesn't show anything like that anywhere in the gauge.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?? Anyone else able to find the Smart Warmer after doing the update?

Premium Features